Catching up!
Had he known that the key to his happiness was making Lois happy, he certainly would’ve made other choices since arriving in this dimension.
They don’t have the ‘happy wife, happy life’ saying over where he comes from?
ALT-LANA: We do. He’s just stupid.

He had never realized how wrong he had been, or how pleasant a woman could smell. Lois’s sweat was sweet and salty and…
LOIS: cat I think…I’ll go and take a shower, now.

and he pulling out the full pot of coffee from the machine.
[Linked Image] There’s something off there.
CLARK: Oh shut up. The EW said that I’m happy, not that I’m coherent.

Startled, Clark swung around to face him. A thousand questions buzzing in his head, but only one emerged. “How?” he sputtered. Jonathan hadn’t been upstairs since before his accident.
They had started to put in video surveillance in preparation of turning their farm into a B&B?

Jonathan laughed slightly louder. “Plus, the guilt is written across your face.”
[Linked Image]
Also, for when Lois comes down:
[Linked Image]

Then again, when he was scooping coffee into the pot. He hoped it wasn’t too strong.
[Linked Image]

“Did she say ‘yes’?” Jonathan asked.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Kryptonite fiasco, last year
/takes off glasses, cleans them, puts them back on/ Hmm…no, didn’t help huh

If she changes her mind, she’ll let me know,” Clark said,
Like, when he receives a wedding invitation to the wedding of Lois Lane and her fiancé Clark Kent?

Jonathan added a teaspoon of sugar and took another sip of coffee, before asking, “How will you know she’s ready?”

That was a very good question. One to which Clark didn’t have an answer.
She might become passive aggressive about her friends getting married and having children?

“Or do you believe, because she turned you down once, that it’s her turn to ask you?”
Sounds reasonable?

“No.” Clark shook his head. “If Lois rejected me again, especially on Christmas…” It would taint his favorite holiday.
He could wait till she’s pregnant?

Clark and Lana were supposed to be married on Valentine’s Day. “Never!”
How about the anniversary of her previous wedding?

Lois stood at the top of the stairs, unable to believe that Clark hadn’t sensed her during his entire conversation with Jonathan.
[Linked Image]

Who knew reading was so erotic?
[Linked Image]

After last night, she knew she couldn’t… shouldn’t manipulate him like that. He’d end up hating her more than Lana.
Now look what you’ve done. Clark’s in a conundrum. Lois is confused. Tsk tsk tsk. Although, she might be wrong about Clark because if she does it right, he won’t have the mental faculty left to consider hating her.

This system couldn’t last, though. They would have to find some way to both end up happy at the same time.
[Linked Image]

What was wrong with her? Why couldn’t she get making love to Clark off her brain? She sounded obsessed, even for her, which was saying a lot.
CAT: evil

Her nails dug into Clark’s shoulders as she forced herself to breathe. “Take me outside and throw me into a snow bank!”
rotflol

“You would’ve killed me, if I had done and said the same to you,” he accused.
Points at Rule #66.

She shrugged. “Oh, so you don’t want me wet and naked?”
It might complicate things.

He dropped his glasses in the snow in front of himself and started scanning through her clothes.
Oh, looky there.
CLARK: I *am* looking!

Marry me? he thought, unable to say the words aloud, unable to shatter this perfect moment.

She merely grinned and started to run towards the house. “Catch me if you can!”
clap

Jerome’s eyes widened. “You mean Mr. Cooper disappeared back in the sixties?”

Martha nodded. “There was a state-wide search, but Joan never heard anything. Dick went out to dump the trash in the alley after closing one Sunday and never came back.”
Huh…60s…I wonder…

To her surprise, Jerome actually grinned. “Not as much as I used to.” There was a sparkle in his eye.

She nudged him. “Well, just don’t be loud.”

He flushed. “Mom!” He buried his face in his hand.
laugh

Oh, really? He grinned. He may have misheard, but that sounded an awful lot like an ‘I do’ to him, especially in light of her admission of not wanting him to break his vow.
Uh-huh.

He kissed the side of her mouth. “Marry…” He kissed the other side of her mouth.

“Merry Christmas, Clark,” she said, covering his lips and stealing his breath.

Lois was right. They could discuss the details later.
Oh boy. wallbash

***End of Part 228***
whinging

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.