I wish you the best of luck, Nan. My thoughts are with you during this trying time. (My anger at your insurance company, I'll try to keep under control and off the boards.)

I find comfort in seeing adversity in my life as a way to strengthen my writing skills, such as the depth of my characters through my own experiences. Not that you need any help in that department as your stories are wonderful and inspiration to us all. However, wacky person that I am, that's how I look for the positives when life pours lemonade on my wounds.

"Well, that sucks," I say to myself. "But at least I know how Lois / Clark feels when life spirals out of control."

I know my words might not be as inspiring as others, so feel free to ignore my advice, but I've always found writing as a great escape from the realities of life. Writing gives me control (as I keep *trying* to remind my muse) in situations where I otherwise feel powerless.

So, don't let life force you to put down your pen (or put away your keyboard), because it might be the stress relief you need. Don't let this diagnosis change you, who you are, and want to be. I know it's sometimes hard to write or find joy in anything when you're feeling lousy, but when you're having a good day (and hard that it is to think that it's possible, there will be good days), it might be the breath of fresh air that keeps you from turning into couch potato (basing this analogy on my life, BTW) or worse.

I'm wishing you and your family the best of luck! Know that we love you and will be thinking of you here on the boards. Take care!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.