I'm so sorry to hear this Nan. I have personally been through equally serious illness myself in the last 2 years, so I know what feelings and anxieties you are currently facing.

I have plenty I want to say to encourage you on your particular situation too. My mum was diagnosed 4 years ago and has been clear since finishing her treatment 4 months later, and a friend at church has just finished her radiotherapy. If you want some more personal encouragement I will message you, but please be assured that breast cancer is not as scary as it used to be decades ago. Even if it looks terrifying now, you will find the strength to get through this.

I'm not sure how much the treatment will differ in the USA to here in the UK but I cannot believe the differences will be anything but minor. The process was over for my mum within 4 months. There are continual follow ups, and medication, as aftercare, but the literal treating of the cancer was over very quickly. I expected a long and arduous fight for my mum, but - looking back - it was actually a realitively simple process. That's not to lessen the worry and the tension at many points along the way, and the inconvencience of travelling to a hospital 1 hour away every day for three weeks to have radiotherapy which took only 30 minutes. My mum was very strong, and did have a scare earlier this year that the cancer had returned, but it turned out to be nothing.

Please be reasured that, while everything looks terrifying at the moment, you can come through this - quickly - and also that many people will be praying for you during this time.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."