Somewhere deep inside, the naïve part of himself believed, even hoped, that he could keep things as they were, that he could always have things both ways. Even while he tried to convince her to view Clark romantically, he could still tease her with visits by his other persona, keeping her in the dark about the fact that they were the same person. He couldn’t tell her the truth, the reasoning went, until she totally committed to loving Clark, because only then would he know that love was real, and that she didn’t still harbor feelings for some fantasy character that was only fiction, after all. But the more he thought about it, and he had thought about it a lot while staring down the inferno that afternoon, he began to realize that this course of action wasn’t realistic, or fair.

Simply amazing and quite refreshing.

Clark shows a very mature side of himself on the flight to Lois' place. He realizes that not telling Lois who he really is is incredibly unfair and even cruel. Manipulating her emotions is not the way to win her heart, being honest and open is. After all, wasn't Lex Luthor all about moving Lois into a position where she felt compelled to marry him?

I appear at your window as your hero, the ‘God in a cape,’ and you always give me a smile and an encouraging word when I need it.” Lois blushed as his “God in a cape” comment, but she let it pass. “I suppose we both provide a little something to each other that we’re missing in our real lives, but in a way that’s safe, that avoids any kind of emotional investment. We can’t keep this up forever – surely you can see that.

Yeah, that kind of fantasy cannot last forever, either the couple moves forward or the relationship dies from internal stagnation.

Tomorrow it would all become clear, but it seemed so far away.

Come on with the next installment! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.