You drew me right in. I love this set-up -- a romantic walk through the Metropolis Farmer's Market -- and what led Clark to the realization that it wasn't fair to make Lois choose between two halves of the same person.

He scooted forward on the couch fractionally. “It occurred to me, though, that this isn’t the way that real friends interact, is it? Is there anyone else in the world that you would allow to enter your apartment unannounced, that you would put your life on hold to speak to? I feel like a bit of a heel for expecting that of you, for taking advantage of your willingness to do that. It’s not fair to you.”
No, was it fair that he expected her to be available to both halves of himself.

But…did Clark know about the fact that Superman flew into her window at night? What would he think if he did? As mad as she was at him for running out on her, she conceded that he had every right to be mad at her for her relationship with Superman. She did put her evenings on hold, she did keep her windows open in the crime-filled city, for the possibility of having her hero stop by, however briefly. She was sure Clark wouldn’t begrudge her friendship with Superman, but knowing that he visited her here, this way…that had the potential to hurt him.
I love this! notworthy I love realizing that love was a two-way street and that she couldn't keep her windows open for another man, while expecting Clark to suddenly need to be elsewhere.

What *would* Clark think if he weren't Superman? He would be as hurt as Lois was when Clark ran off that morning with a flimsy excuse, is my guess. But being that he *wasn't* someone else, and therefore lying to Lois, he didn't get the right to be hurt by his own deception.

“I have an apartment here in Metropolis,” he said. “Paid for with money earned at my job.”
So simple! Genius. Make Lois see the obvious. Make her question what she has never questioned. Love it! clap

I love the idea of Clark... er... Superman leaving Lois breadcrumbs to tempt her curiosity. Telling her the truth, being open and honest about Superman being a secret identity. What a wonderful idea!

I love that Lois's naturally *hoping* he'll be Superman (or her mind naturally drifts in that direction). Wouldn't that be nice? Best of both worlds. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

So, will Lois see Clark before 9pm the next night? Will she see her makeshift ring on Clark's finger? What excuse (if any) will Clark give? Will Lois realize that it's equal to an engagement ring? evil (sorry, I had to throw that in there.) Will she see Clark at the club and be annoyed or expectant? Will she realize it's him before then? Will she and Clark go to the club together (because he asks her out and she can't think of a good enough excuse, "Sorry, Clark, but I have a date with Superman." Eeek! Um... I doubt it. I know she's mad at Clark but THAT mad?), so she suggests going to the club, then spends all night looking at the hands of every man there but the man she's with? Will she suggest that Clark go with her, but he gives her another excuse? "I'm busy." No, I can't see him doing that either. What would his excuse be? The plumbers coming back? I have a hot date as someone else? LOL. Um...

Great idea for revelation! I can't wait to see what happens!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.