I rarely comment on anything these days but I am loving the story. It is very much more my style as I am not a fan of all the darkness and relationship angst that is so in vogue today.

I like Virginia was wondering first if Clark will avoid Lois until Sunday evening and second if he will wear the 'ring' all day Sunday or just wait until Sunday evening. I have always thought the Jonathan fed idea of never telling someone that you are in love with your secret and expecting them to love you without knowing the whole you. It always rang false and even quite duplicitous on Clark's part. The breadcrumbs idea and letting Lois get used to the idea that Superman isn't alway Superman and the concept of Superman is not the 'real' person before dropping the bombshell of he and Clark being the same person make more sense. Most of the time the angst generated in revelation stories is due to Lois not understanding how Superman came into existence and therefore never even thinking that he was raised from birth as a earthling. She just gets the C=S surprise and that never sets well with Lois. Of course she should have been able to put that together but she never really investigated Superman. I guess with the idea of him being her friend she would not be predisposed in that fashion but still...

Additionally your comment about 'putting away my word processor and riding off into the sunset' made me wonder if it had any underlying meaning or if it was just a figure of speech.

I await the next chapter to see how you wrap this up and the trajectory you put their relationship on from here.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/02/16 10:05 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham