Originally Posted by Annie B.
One thing that I find odd is that there doesn't seem to be any novelization of the film -- not an adult novel, not a junior novel, and not a comic book adaptation. I checked Amazon, but there just doesn't seem to be one.
They're usually so horrible that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Strangely, the people one would expect to be crying at the end of this film (Superman fans) are the ones who aren't, because they've either read or know about the comic history. Today's teens were how old, when they killed off Superman? Wait, 90s, so not even alive yet. They might not be familiar with the history. Explains how he was able to get away with it.

Also (a TOTAL aside), what a cool librarian you are, Annie. My kids have checked out every graphic novel at the local library, I had to show them where the adult section was (and why they couldn't rent Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and some other titles, they're not old enough to read). My high school library would never have had graphic novels. Then again, the more I'm learning about other schools, the more I'm realizing how bad mine actually was. Sigh. Live and learn.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.