Hiya folcs!

I've been so underwater with work recently, but I saw the movie and I wanted to hop back on here and see what everybody else thought. Glad to see so many positive reviews (in spite of critical reviews). I went in with semi-low expectations and ended up pretty genuinely impressed by the end.

I'm not going to lie, though. At first, I was fairly disappointed by the first hour-ish of the movie. I get why a lot of critics are saying it felt like they were watching two different movies, but I also understand why. There's a lot of exposition (A LOT) that I guess needed addressed but it felt like it took too much time. I also think they used too many dream sequences (fyi, I hate dream sequences). But after watching the whole film I got to thinking about it and I can accept the dream sequences under this potential little clause:

The dream sequences were NOT in fact dream sequences!! I mean, yeah, the one where the blood is coming out of Batfleck's mom's grave, sure. But the dream with the crazy evil Superman army and then the outer dream sequence where a red-masked character who seems to be coming through a lightning-esque portal? Definitely seems like the Flash to me. Who we know can time travel. And shouting a warning about an evil Superman? I'm telling you. They're building to something. This is not just your average dream sequence. I don't know if they're gonna go in an Earth 2 direction or maybe an Injustice direction, but there's definitely more than meets the eye here.
And that certainly makes me more at peace with their usage.

Yeah, there were some lines I found cheesy, but who cares. I wish we could have seen a little bit more of Lois/Clark interactions, and also a lot more Clark/Bruce interactions. Wonder Woman kicked some serious butt and I've never been happier about that. dance She's my absolute new favorite character.
I'm also secretly hoping Diana and Bruce become a thing. You know, like the cartoons. hyper

The second half of the movie got exponentially better, and reversed my worries from the whole first half.. The rest of my thoughts will be in spoilers below:
I loved the Batman/Superman fight scene. I think it was well done and it was a great amount of action. I think Lex's setup made the whole thing all the more plausible, especially with him know both of their secret identities. I laughed a little at the "Martha" line that ended the fight, just because it was so out of the blue, but I think it was pretty good still. I still hate Amy Adams as Lois, but otherwise I thought everybody else was great casting. I totally forgot that Doomsday was going to be in the movie, and I'm still shocked they actually committed and killed him off. At first I thought when they blew them up in outer space and Superman didn't come back that they were going to pretend that was their little homage to Superman's death, but they sure got me there. Was wonderfully well done. We'll have to see what happens next, but I'm officially back on board the DC movie train.

And that's my two cents. Or maybe fifty cents. I wrote a lot, but I miss you guys. peep sloppy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain