I saw BvS this afternoon. I'll start with the one non-spoiler thing I'd want to know, if I haven't seen this yet: There's no bonus scene at the end of the credits, so you don't need to stay for it.

BvS was pretty predictable up to a point if you saw the previews, then it veered into the unexpected. The surprise was refreshing as I was wondering how / why Batman and Superman were going to join forces against Lex Luthor.

They definitely tackled the idea of consequences to the battle in MoS. That was what most of the drama in the story was. In this respect, it was less an action movie than MoS.

Originally Posted by Annie B.
The trailers showed Doomsday, so I can mention that without spoiling anything, but the outcome
Actually, Annie, this was the unexpected aspect. I hadn't seen the same trailers as you, so I didn't know about this. I'm glad it was a surprise. It made it more interesting not knowing (hence, why I put it in spoiler mode) As soon as Lex introduced him as Doomsday, I went [Linked Image]. Are they finally going to have Superman defeat him without dying? Sadly, not. I do wish Lois didn't know and tell us that Superman was about to sacrifice himself. mecry

I must say that I liked how they portrayed Lois and Clark's relationship. It was sweet and romantic, showing how important they were to each other.

Ben Affleck did a good job with Batman. I liked his interpretation of the character. They didn't show him as the playboy type (per se), but more as a caring leader of Wayne Industries. The kind of man we wish was running big corporations. Was a bit surprised by Batman's use of lethal weapons, though, as I thought that went against his code. They also made Batman my age (which was surprising), and he'd been the Batman for at least 20 years.

The scene when Bruce was a child and he went into the bat cave for the first time was new and original and very metaphorical with the bats literally lifting him up into the light (i.e. saving him).

I'm not sure that I liked the aspect where Batman brands the people he captures. That was a bit on the creepy side.

I did like how Clark figured out how Bruce was Batman, by hearing Alfred talking to him through the earpiece at Luthor's party. thumbsup That was original and unexpected while at the same time making me say, "Duh!" clap

I LOVED how the Batmobile was able to withstand anything the bad guys threw at him but was practically totaled and limped home after bumping into Superman. lol Terrific!

The Batmobile was cool in a edgy sort of way. It wasn't sleek and stylish (like Michael Keaton's) but simple, rough, and tough.

Holly Hunter's character (the Senator against Superman) wasn't what I anticipated. *trying so hard to be vague.* Wonder Woman was aloof and showed Batman up, so I liked her. [Linked Image]

Lex Luthor did a good job of making us hate rich, power-hungry, spoiled brats more than some of us already do. Although, at times, I did wonder if he was possessed by the Joker. He certainly wasn't suave, like LnC's Luthor; he did creepy very well. One would hope that his portrayal would convince those with power in DC not to let themselves be bought by those with money, but I doubt it.

Bruce was dark, edgy, and full of revenge, due to his own failures (or inability) to save people. Despite Clark being full of melancholy by how his actions had hurt people (especially, during his battle with Zod), he was portrayed as full of love and a positive life force. All he wanted to do was help. He lived to make others (Lois's and Martha's) lives better. You can't help but love that guy!

I was a bit annoyed by Batman refusing to talk to Superman. Also, by Superman's reaction after Batman knocked him down the first time. Instead of brushing it off, and trying to talk to him again, he punched him. Yeah. You're sooooo going to get Batman to listen to you, if you're beating him to pulp. [Linked Image] I like that Clark figured out that Lex was playing them before Batman did. As a mom, I have to say that I loved that it was the heroes mutual love for their mothers that finally got them talking. Who'd have thunk Bats and Supes were just a couple of Mama's Boys?

Keep your eyes out: the credits show a "Jimmy Olsen" (Jenny's back as well), a "Lana", and a "Pete Ross", but I missed all three.

Overall, I liked it. Although, I have to say that the plot was pretty predictable after they set it up until Lex turned it on its ear. Liked the introduction to the Justice League members too. Can't wait to see the next film to see how they tie up all those dangling threads!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/27/16 02:17 AM. Reason: its vs. it's

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.