I saw it today, and it was awesome. I even liked Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor, in a large part because he reminded me of a former student of mine, with similar speech patterns and grandiose behavior (but I'm pretty sure my former student isn't evil, just aggravating).

I recognized quite a few of Batman's lines as being from The Dark Knight Returns, which is one of my all-time favorite books. I thought Ben Affleck was a good Batman and Bruce Wayne, in spite of the Internet geek rage that accompanied the news of his casting.

The trailers showed Doomsday, so I can mention that without spoiling anything, but the outcome

was straight out of The Death of Superman storyline, minus Superman's resurrection. That, I assume will come in a future film, since there are planned Justice League films with Superman in them.

The beginning of the film, where Bruce Wayne's building in Metropolis is destroyed in the battle between Superman and the other Kryptonians, looked like it was heavily inspired by 9/11.

There was one part I thought was really odd, though, and that was

the blood ritual Luthor performs to transform Zod into Doomsday. It just seemed out of place amongst all that high-tech stuff.

In conclusion, though, it's definitely worth seeing in the theater.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland