Great chapter clap clap clap...

I really enjoyed their conversation at Clark's apartment. How there has been some distance, they haven't been the friends that they once were, but yet--even with a fiance--Lois still is drawn completely to Clark. Wants to talk to Clark. Feels most comfortable with Clark.

You did a fantastic job, Viriginia, of maneuvering through the conversation notworthy. Giving us bits of all that is really going on right now between them--their distance, while at the same time, their closeness. Along with the stress that Lois is under--from the photos, but also, from her new job, her loneliness, and her fiancé. Then Clark...loving Lois, of walking that line of wanting to knock some sense into her, but also of not wanting to make decisions for her. And you did all this with a healthy dose of chemistry added to the mix smile.

Some of my favorite lines:

He opened the door with his most cheerful tone, “Hi, Lois.”

“Well?”

He didn’t like small talk, anyway.

LOL--that last line, Clark's thought, was priceless lol.

She buried her face in her hands. “What must you think of me?” she mumbled.

“The same as I did before seeing them,” he admitted. “Only now, I know that a con man took advantage of you when you were younger.”

How great of an answer was this? Gotta love Clark clap.

“I’d never be able to look my friends and colleagues in the eye again,” she went on.

“You haven’t scared me off yet,” he replied, picking up the half-full wine bottle and removing it to his kitchen.

“Yeah. What’s up with that?” Lois asked, staring at him as she took a sip of her wine. “Why are you being so nice to me?”

His brow furrowed. “Haven’t I always been nice to you?”

“I have a Godzilla doll that proves otherwise.”

Clark laughed, and then shrugged. “Well, that was before I really knew you.”

Ha! Hilarious...and really like the friendship here between them twins.

Awesome job notworthy!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~