Here we go again!

Sometimes, he chooses to seek out that perfect isolation to reflect back on all the wonderful things in his life.
Yes, very smart.
CLARK: Lois, I’m happy. I’ll be going now, reflecting on things. Later!

The three musketeers.
Clark, Lois, and Bruce? Clark, Lois, and Jimmy? Clark, Lois, and Herb?
LOIS: Superman, you dolt! /draws line on paper/ See? A *triangle*!
Incidentally, their son failed geometry in high school.

After all, who's to say that I will always land - that I won't just float suspended in air for the rest of my days?
Lois could always tie a string to his leg?

Now, I can give my parents the world.
But will they *want* it?

Together.

Two halves of a whole.

United in a way that I've never felt before.

Divided in a way I've never imagined possible too.

Superman.
And yet, there’s stories where Clark and Superman get separated into distinct entities.
CLARK: help
LOIS: drool

Too many times to count, even though Superman is barely out of his infancy, she's managed to say just the right words to me
[Linked Image]

Together.

For the first time, I feel like I might have a chance at finding love and the happily ever after I've always imagined for myself. If only she would see it that way.
RALPH: Sounds just like I did before I got slapped with that stalker conviction.

The most exquisite woman on the face of the planet. I know, I've looked. A woman of rare beauty - the soft brown eyes like two pools of chocolate, the soft, shoulder-length hair, the poise and bearing that challenges anyone to dare and mess with her, a soft smile so rare but so bright it's like a comet streaking through the darkness of space - there and gone in an instant, but making a man feel all the luckier for having witnessed it.
Awww she’s such an amalgamation of opposites.

and maybe it's true that the world has somehow hardened her, but I can see through the stone walls of defense she's built around herself for protection.
LOIS: razz I knew I should have used lead paint…

She feels she works better on her own. Maybe she does. Maybe I'm just dragging her down.

I'm still glad to be partnered with her.
LOIS: See? Coat tails.

Surely it was all just a dream - nothing else could explain it - securing my dream job and being partnered with one of the greatest journalists of modern times, all in one fell swoop.
PERRY: I felt so too. Lois could use a good partner.
LOIS: cat

Her defensive walls are still up, but she's lowered them enough for me to sneak small peeks into what she hides beyond them - her heart.
clap

The crest of El. Like medieval knights, it seems that they - and maybe all Kryptonians, for all I know - wore sigils upon them, announcing their family and history.
It’s important to prevent accidental deaths during blood feuds.

Ask anyone: it's not possible to dislike Jonathan and Martha Kent.
LOIS: And believe me, I *tried*!

Will I one day awaken in the middle of the night once again, to find more of my past revealed?
ZARA: wave

Which means that I've always been able to breathe a sigh of relief that there is a slim chance, at best, of anyone else connecting Clark and Superman.
To be fair, Lois knows Clark Kent to be a clumsy, a bit weak-minded greenhorn, while Superman is the strong-willed, shining super hero. It’s like looking at Jar Jar Binks and then Darth Sidious and seeing two different people.

I won't have to do it with my heart breaking in two. I'll simply be able to be me - fully, unrestrained, completely honestly me.
And then, when the kiss is over, he has to let go of her. Can’t follow her inside and well…let nature take its course.
CLARK: sad No plan’s perfect?

I asked her to marry me and she didn't say yes. But, then again, she didn't say no either. Instead, she let me know that the fragile mask of Superman had broken in her eyes.
Isn’t he adorable? Still thinks that that’s a good thing.

There would be no more hiding, no more lying, no more running from her with a flimsy - if any - excuse, knowing that she probably thought the worst of me.
So, his dumping her because ‘she got hurt’…?

What if Nor had succeeded in killing me? Would he have murdered Lois too, just to spite the memory of me?
NOR: Why waste a perfectly good concubine? confused
JABBA: Onga una ota. Juga! *)
*) Kill her. Quickly!

while Lois slumbers away in my apartment, safe and snug beneath the blankets of my bed. I should be with her, I know.
So it’s not so innocent and safe?

Tonight, my brain is firing at lightning speed and rest is as elusive as a unicorn.
But he’s unicorn bait. Shouldn’t that make things easier?

Together.

Bonded together for all eternity.

Husband and wife.
BARON TEMPUS: And they will never be able to consummate their love [Linked Image] Together alone for eternity! [Linked Image]

What God has joined, no man, nor beast, nor villain, nor space rock, nor circumstance, nor superhero will ever be able to tear asunder.
LINDA KING: wave:
TIME LORD: wave

Up here, we are our own, unique little microcosm.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if she got hit by a micro meteorite while they’re up there, nicking a major blood vessel but noticing it at first? Only when they get back down and Clark lets go of her, she makes a wrong move and bleeds out within 30 seconds.
CLARK: shock The author *said* not even a superhero would be able to tear us asunder!

not quite urging me back home, to our bedroom, but whispering promises of what's still to come when we return and reminding me of what we've already experienced.
LOIS: …and then, Herb shows up and we get to do another trip down the timeline, playing around with our past and future selves…

It makes my breath hitch in my throat to think that, of all of the men who populate this planet, that I'm the one she's chosen to spend her life with.
LOIS: Well…he killed/let die or drove away most of the other suitors…
CLARK: I never touched a hair on Ralph’s body!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Young lives to guide, helping them to choose to better this planet.
CLARK: Little Lois, where did you find this bar of gold with Metro Reserve Bank stamped on top? [Linked Image] I *told* you not to play ‘kick the wall’ behind the bank.

I never even really meant to take you up here. Not now. Not while you're still so tiny and fragile and new. But it happened, and I'm glad it did.
Awww

She's always been so tenacious, so unwilling to accept what she's been told. She questions everything and fights back in every way that she knows how.
So, continuous attempts at baby making then?

Somehow, absently, at some point, I floated away from the ground and into the air above the house. I was so wrapped up in studying your perfect face, nestled amid the warm blankets swaddled around you, that I simply forgot to keep my abilities in check.
And what if the neighbors saw?

Together, for all eternity.
smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.