Originally Posted by Dandello
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Originally Posted by Mike M
Not only that but the entire story appeared in the original e-mail (I get notified to be able to keep up on the TOCs). I normally read it from the MBs but this time I got it on my tablet and read it from the e-mail and it was complete there.

Interesting...

Mike

Now that really is strange!

As a programmer I would qualify this as a bug (or maybe lack of nice feature) - There is no warning to a poster that their post is running overlong. (Or maybe there is such a feature and it's not turned on.)

As for the e-mail not matching the post - they are two different processes generated by the same input. The problem is that here, the post is checked for length AFTER the two processes are generated and only the 'save post to DB' leg is truncated - probably while being saved to the DB.

I'm the lead dev on a different forum software so I'm sensitive to things like this.

And back to the story - Loved it.

Glad you liked it, Dandello!

I should have thought ahead that not all of it would post in one segment. The pure Word doc ran 33 pages and the "board-ready," formatted file ran 45. I've had the occasional issue in the past with super-long files getting cut off mid-way.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon