Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
How is everyone getting Win 10? I'm still on the stupid waiting list!
I signed up for the free copy of Win 10 on my desktop computer and then later on with the laptop (my husband uses). Then I noticed that it was on the laptop. My husband said, "yeah, that downloaded this past weekend. It took forever!" (okay, that might have been a slight exaggeration.) I wondered why his laptop downloaded his Win 10 before mine, when I signed up first. So, I went back to my desktop, clicked on the little windows symbol on my task bar / icon bar (over to lower right hand side by the clock). It automatically downloaded Win 10. I guess it was waiting for me to ask a 2nd time. /roll eyes/ I thought it was going to let me know when I could. (silly me) So, naturally, I freaked because I hadn't backed up my Word writing files since I had bought my flashdrives a couple of weeks ago. So, I stuck in my flashdrive and updated it with my new content. (Thankfully, it still let me do this as it was prepping my computer for download.) I have to agree with my husband that it did take a while (several hours), but I had a 2 foot zucchini I was making into bread and muffins for the winter. (6 batches later, I've still got some zucchini left.)

Sorry for the long story. Apparently, I tend to run on when telling a story. [Linked Image] Forgive me.

The short version: Try clicking the Windows 10 link on your task bar again. Maybe it gives preferential treatment to those who ask more than once. wink
A 2-foot zucchini?! That would make a lot of zucchini bread. (I'll admit it; I'm more impressed with the zucchini than with Windows 10.)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland