So, I checked out Windows 10 at Staples this morning. It looks like MS has realized that Windows 8 is horrible because us old folks don't like instant change. They've gotten rid of many of the things about it that drives me nuts at work. (It can't help that it's on a laptop with a touchpad instead of desktop with a mouse. That's just something I'll have to learn to deal with.) It's moved all the Apps to the the Smart button (Start button?). I'm sure there will be a way to make it look more user friendly (to me) if/when I have time to change the settings. I'm one of these people who believes in equality, even for my computer programs. So, it doesn't make sense that there should be various shaped boxes (with photos because modern people can't read apparently) for the different programs (which people now apparently call "apps"). [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
One thing you should be aware of with this version of Windows; its default settings basically let Microsoft not only get a lot of data from you, they even let the company use *your* bandwidth to spread their updates. For more information, check out this link and this one.
Thanks, Lynn. Those were very insightful and informative articles. smile Good info to know.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.