Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
How is everyone getting Win 10? I'm still on the stupid waiting list!
I signed up for the free copy of Win 10 on my desktop computer and then later on with the laptop (my husband uses). Then I noticed that it was on the laptop. My husband said, "yeah, that downloaded this past weekend. It took forever!" (okay, that might have been a slight exaggeration.) I wondered why his laptop downloaded his Win 10 before mine, when I signed up first. So, I went back to my desktop, clicked on the little windows symbol on my task bar / icon bar (over to lower right hand side by the clock). It automatically downloaded Win 10. I guess it was waiting for me to ask a 2nd time. /roll eyes/ I thought it was going to let me know when I could. (silly me) So, naturally, I freaked because I hadn't backed up my Word writing files since I had bought my flashdrives a couple of weeks ago. So, I stuck in my flashdrive and updated it with my new content. (Thankfully, it still let me do this as it was prepping my computer for download.) I have to agree with my husband that it did take a while (several hours), but I had a 2 foot zucchini I was making into bread and muffins for the winter. (6 batches later, I've still got some zucchini left.)

Sorry for the long story. Apparently, I tend to run on when telling a story. [Linked Image] Forgive me.

The short version: Try clicking the Windows 10 link on your task bar again. Maybe it gives preferential treatment to those who ask more than once. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.