Time to play catch-up. laugh

Michael - Someday I'd really love to be able to hang out with you in RL. Though I fear it would end with me shooting my drink out my nose. smile

Yeah. Right. Deep down she’s a good, nice person.
CLARK: I happen to like nice girls.
LOIS: Hey! I’m a nice girl.
CLARK: No, you’re not. You’re…
LOIS:
OMG! Bonus points for 'The Empire Strikes Back' reference! It's my absolute favorite of the SW movies. (And that's my favorite scene in it. wink ) This is why I set aside all drinks before I read your comments. FWIW, I can't picture either of them as a "scruffy nerfherder."

Laura - This is your fashionably late?!? Do you get invited to many parties? lol

What I loved about this section, what really stood out to me the most, was how distinct of a feel you managed to create--two totally different emotions, but residing so closely together. Your ability to make us livid at a sociopathic business man, but also, ecstatically ride that road to love with two close friends.
Thank you! blush

Friendship--and it's that perfect type of friendship...where you can tease, joke, but be youself, be totally safe. I could almost feel the comfort--like a warm blanket draped over me (and maybe a hot cocoa, to boot, for Lois' sake). You dream about that type of friendship. In life, and ideally, with your soulmate.
Yay! That's exactly the atmosphere I was trying to establish. Infatuation/attraction is great, but it's friendship that holds a relationship together.

He heard. Totally. Did her 'save' actually save her admission though? Hoping he didn't buy it.
I deliberately left it vague so the reader can decide for themselves whether he heard her or not. <g>

Thank you, Lois, for perfectly summing up just why you shouldn't EVER entertain the idea of spending (ie--wasting) any more of your time with Lex. You aren't comfortable with him. And, just for kicks, think about who you are telling all of this to? None other than your adorable partner/best friend. Hmmm.
She's getting there, slowly but surely. It's a scary thing for her to commit herself to that degree. With Lex, there was respect (note the past tense) and attraction, but her heart wasn't in danger. Lex couldn't hurt her emotionally, but Clark could. If she loses Clark, she loses her best friend. There's a lot more risk involved there.

Love. This is such a sweetly honest moment. That gut instinct, not wanting to loose the connection to Clark. And, I'm sure, Clark was on the other end, feeling exactly the same way.
Of course, he was! smile

Thanks to everyone for the comments! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis