Wonderful story!

So much is happening in this chapter. Wow! Big changes at The Daily Planet.

Anyone who expressed a differing opinion from Chip's found themselves abruptly reassigned to a less desirable story.

Still stinging from Clark's remarks about conflict of interest on the Excelsior story, Lois had brought it up at the morning round table. Five minutes later she was removed from investigating Excelsior International and assigned to cover the upcoming school board elections.

Interesting how Lois is being treated like the other reporters in this regard. Wondering if someone else is covering Lois's Excelsior story or if it's been dropped.

Lois's awakening to Lex's character is great. She's slow to realize she could have made a mistake about him. Nice to see she's opening her eyes. Lex's multiple coincidences in one day is so typical. He doesn't realize that he should limit them to be believable. Lex's smooth, sophisticated yet creepy words are perfect. His misdirection attempt by suggesting Lois might be stalking him is definitely Lex, and shows his true nature so well.

Love the phone banter between Lois and Clark! It's so nice to see this take on BatP and HoL, where they're still talking and friends. Looks like Lois is also slowly opening her heart to Clark.

Sending Clark to Hawaii and the phone conversation about where he'll end up next are priceless and funny. And I had to stop laughing before continuing after reading the descriptions of what Lex and Superman might wear to bed. lol

I haven't seen LaraMoon's fic about Clark in China. I did read Jenni Debbage's The Forgotten about Superman being captured in North Korea. There's a WHAM warning, and not all the toys are put back the same way they were found before the story.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly