Good morning! I hope everyone (in the US) enjoyed their long weekend. laugh

Framework - Thanks for dropping in! If her phone is tapped, then that means Lex heard them mocking him and his expensive wardrobe. lol He'd also have greater motivation to put Clark even further out of reach for Lois. Is that what you want? shock

Tracey - I'm starting to wonder if Thursday was a poor choice. It looks like a lot of people are reading at work or are pressed for time during the week. I'm probably going to switch to posting on the weekend instead.
And... shudder. Not loving the weird, stalker-y encounters with Lex... and just like him to suggest Lois was following him, when that was exactly what he was doing to her.
I think gaslighting Lois is half the fun for Lex.
When, exactly, does Lois get the best of him? Because I'm looking forward to it.
I can't really claim that she'll get the best of him, but she is starting to question his motivations.
I had to pull this line out because you write such a brilliant Lex. And by brilliant, I mean, smug, smarmy, snobby, elegant, charming, manipulative, and seriously creepy. This line is so very *him*.

Thank you! I find his dialogue is really fun to write, just because he uses the fancy words without even a trace of irony.
I loved Lois and Clark's phone conversation - they are so cute, in tune with each other, and your dialogue makes for a fun read. You've got just the right chemistry between them: deep friendship, lots of caring and missing, and subtle tension, like the sleeping in the nude part.
Thanks again! The only thing more fun to write than Lex is the banter between our heroes. thumbsup
As a reader, I'm anxious for them to be back together, but first, I want Lois to realize she needs him back with her like the air she breathes. She's getting there; I loved that neither would hang up, the story of the little girl in the moon and her realization that flying with Superman may not be as fabulous as she once thought it would. Baby steps, Lois.
Yes, she's just about to that point. She definitely misses him. She's jealous of his mystery woman. She's more realistic about her Superman fantasy. And she's realizing that Lex is not the man she thought he was. Baby steps, indeed. smile

Michael - Ha! As always, you've made me giggle. laugh
Right. ‘Scheduling mistake’. Uh-huh.
It could happen! He always has a good excuse!
Or maybe he’s just a sociopath with good acting skills.
He's going for the Oscar!
She does keep ‘can I get back to you on that’ up a lot for Lex’s proposals. Maybe she should mix it up a bit with a couple of ‘Don’t call me. I’ll call you’s.
You think that's going to make a difference?
Wouldn’t it be awkward if a big truck came barreling down that road and smashed Lex to smithereens?
I wish I'd thought of that! It would have made this story A LOT shorter! lol
There’s actually been a fic where Clark spent an extended amount of time in North Korea.
No kidding? LOL! I know LaraMoon wrote a great fic some years back where he was in China and met up with a young Bruce Wayne. The name escapes me, but I'll do a search when I'm not rushing to get to work. frown It really was an amazing story. If someone else remembers the name before I do, please feel free to give her a shout out in this thread.
Also, Lois keeps talking on the phone like she’s not even considering the possibility of a wiretap.
They both do! Personally, I enjoy the idea that Lex is listening to them snicker about what he wears to bed. lol And then, to add to the indignity, he has to listen to Lois speculating about what Superman wears to sleep in, too. Heh.
Maybe he got a suit with printed on t-shirt and shorts?
I laughed SO hard at that. I wish I'd thought of that while I was writing this.
She could try to cook, for instance.
In her defense, she did once cook an entire Christmas meal without setting her apartment on fire. No, wait, this is the end of the first season, she hasn't cooked that turkey yet. Never mind. As you were… wink
She’s bossy. Aggressive. A bit vindictive. Mean to her coworkers. Sometimes she’s ruthless. Oh, and she’s a snob.
LOL! Maybe, deep down, that's why she isn't including herself in the list of potential girlfriends?

Morgana - Thanks! I think it does start to pick up speed from here on out. The groundwork is all laid, so we can let it all spin out of control now. smile

Many thanks to everyone who's commented! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis