[Linked Image]
Breaching the Ivory Tower
Something like Rapunzel? Or will Lois get sucked into her soap opera? Or is this like…wait…is that a Tower of Joy adaption? shock

Lois looked down into the half-eaten carton of chocolate ice cream and frowned. The level was uneven, with a concave distortion marring the otherwise smooth plane.
Can’t have that. Chocolate must always be smooth. Like Clark’s chest, in Lois’s case.

She flipped the spoon over and closed her lips around it, licking the ice cream out of the spoon with her tongue.
CLARK: thud

She should really get up and put the frozen treat away before it melted, but somehow the idea that her solid source of comfort could easily turn to goo seemed an apt metaphor for her current emotional state,
Then again, she could simply eat the entire tub.

“The Ivory Tower” was reliable entertainment, regardless of her mood. She could get lost in the characters, empathize with their outrageous storylines, and never question the romantic entanglements that twisted and turned but ultimately came together. Sure, viewers often had to wait for years, wading through countless obstacles, but eventually, true love won out in the end.
[Linked Image] That sounds familiar… [Linked Image]

Lois picked up the remote and fast-forwarded past a boring plot about the villain of the week until Gwendolyn appeared on screen.
I *know* that one…It’s right there on the tip of my tongue… wallbash

Caught up in a classic love triangle;
A brunette, a blonde, and a guy who doesn’t seem to like women?

“Clark’s a nice man but when you get right down to it, a nice man is still just a man.”
rotflol

Lois frowned at the mental image burned into her retinas – the blonde hussy throwing herself at Clark. Lois grabbed the slightly melted ice cream and scooped a heaping spoonful into her mouth, trying to replace the sour taste of her memory with something sweet.
Maybe he had picked *her* up?
LOIS: Not /munching/ helping!

If Clark was in a relationship with anyone, it was with her.
Which probably made it that much worse…
CLARK: confused

After a few minutes, Clark spoke. “Lois,” he said tentatively.

“Yeah?”

He paused, but then said, “This show is awful.”
rotflol

And there are so many plot twists; really, the writers can probably take any idea and make it work.”

Clark smiled with just a touch of irony. “Complicated love triangles? Clones? Amnesia?”
[Linked Image] No…Castle doesn’t have any love triangles.

She sighed. “At least if you don’t like the show, you can write a new story. Change the plot to make it the way it should have been.”
hyper

Clark looked sideways at her. “You’re a writer. I bet if I looked hard enough, I’d find some of those stories posted by you.”
Only if he logs into the nfic section and looks for Superman fics written by LoLo.

Lois shook her head. “I’m usually too busy shoving ice cream in my face and having a good cry.” Then she sucked in a breath, embarrassed by what she had just revealed. “And you’re going to pretend I didn’t say that.”
laugh

Lois laughed out loud. “Those two are brother and sister!”
JAMIE: huh

The scene changed to a dark-haired man passionately kissing a blonde bombshell.
[Linked Image]

Lois sighed, then said quietly, “You’re mine, now. She could have had you, but she let you slip through her fingers.”
Ooooooh! Clever!

“She looked through the window and saw us kissing in your apartment. Now she knows that you’re with someone else. That she lost her chance.”
evil
CLARK: Oooowwww! That 2 by 4…Did you get that in Smallville?

“But what if it doesn’t work out?” The scene changed, but Lois continued to speak, no longer in synch with the characters on the television. “He’s my best friend, and I can’t lose him.”
Wouldn’t it have been awkward if the man and a brunette on screen had fallen into bed together?

Author’s Note: Lynn wrote a very nice comment in the feedback for one of my stories. So I offered to write a story just for her. These were her requests:
What an adorable story! And what a great gift!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.