Yeah...(happy sigh--echoing Lynn). I just absolutely love this story, Susan hyper hyper hyper. It's got all the wonderful WAFF's that I adore, and the whole piece has such a nice feel to it.

Lois picked up the remote and fast-forwarded past a boring plot about the villain of the week until Gwendolyn appeared on screen. Lois pressed play and snuggled into her blanket as she dove into the soap opera character’s plight.

Oh, how many times have I been here? LOL...reminded me of the younger years, sitting snuggled up to the tv, eating a really late night snack--possibly ice cream (but I think cookies mostly would win out wink ), watching Lois & Clark. And if it were a real 'marathon' of episodes, it was probably to keep my mind off of something not so awesome going on at the time--oh, the fun of growing up.

I loved relating to Lois and her coping mechinisms grin...

The situation was entirely her own fault. She couldn’t expect him to wait forever for her to return the feelings she knew he had. After all, as Perry had said, “Clark’s a nice man but when you get right down to it, a nice man is still just a man.”

Like I said earlier to you, I was really excited starting this story out, when I saw you were taking off from this moment between Lois and Clark. That dance they share--the bittersweet dance where SHE/Mayson cuts in. Argh, after all these years, it annoys me every time I see Mayson come between them. Because...well, they look so happy together right before she interupts. The moments between Lois and Perry immediately after are really quite sweet, and expanding from there? Yep...great way to make your beta happy wave notworthy.

A loud knock startled Lois; she brushed the moisture from her eyes. “Lois, are you home?” Clark asked.

Let the giggles of glee commence. Clark has arrived...Lois is aware of her feelings...this is going to be GREAT!!!

After a few minutes, Clark spoke. “Lois,” he said tentatively.

“Yeah?”

He paused, but then said, “This show is awful.”

Lois laughed out loud. “I know! But I’m hopelessly addicted.”

rotflol lol rotflol This moment. One of my favorites--for the honesty. It really, totally enthralls me because it's such a real snippit of conversation. Hilarious with how straight-forward they are clap.

He let the comment slide and they watched another minute of the show in silence. Then he asked quietly, “Do you ever wish you could change our story?”

Lois caught her breath and bristled slightly, but a moment later, she whispered the word, “Yes.”

Clark slowly released his breath and hugged his arm more tightly around her. Lois pulled her legs up onto the couch, naturally leaning more solidly against his body. And they stayed in that embrace for a few minutes, lost in their own thoughts.

And this is where I bow down to the greatness of Groobie notworthy. Seriously?!?! I was so impressed when I read this part. You create such an 'air' here--of longing, of question, of possibility. Me...yeah--I had a death grip to the old ipad, utterly enthralled laugh.

Lois shook her head. “I’m usually too busy shoving ice cream in my face and having a good cry.” Then she sucked in a breath, embarrassed by what she had just revealed. “And you’re going to pretend I didn’t say that.”

lol More honesty. Gotta love it!

The scene changed to a dark-haired man passionately kissing a blonde bombshell. Lois sighed, then said quietly, “You’re mine, now. She could have had you, but she let you slip through her fingers.”

Clark turned to look at her, but Lois’ gaze stayed focused on the television. “I don’t understand.”

Lois closed her eyes as she pretended to supply new dialogue to the soap opera character. “She looked through the window and saw us kissing in your apartment. Now she knows that you’re with someone else. That she lost her chance.”

Making up the dialog. Wow--these moments are just wonderful. What a great way to get everything out in the open. I love the feeling here, as Clark begins to understand the evening clap.

“She’s my best friend. And I’ve been in love with her since the day we met.”

“But what if it doesn’t work out?” The scene changed, but Lois continued to speak, no longer in synch with the characters on the television. “He’s my best friend, and I can’t lose him.”

Clark sat up; Lois leaned forward and Clark turned towards her, needing to look into her eyes. But Lois kept her head tucked down, as if she were afraid to confront the truth. “Lois, you will never lose me.”

“I already have,” she whispered.

“Never.” Clark cupped her cheek and silently urged Lois to look at him. She raised her eyes, and Clark said, “I do not have feelings for Mayson. I love you.”

Lois gasped, then placed her hands at the sides of his face. “I love you, too.”

He froze, and she memorized the moment in time: the wonder in his eyes, the pounding of her heart. Then he bent forward and pressed his lips against hers.

And this is where the giddy, swoon-inducing WAFF gets ya hyper clap dance notworthy. Can NOT stop smiling (still, after the upteenth reading of this part blush ).

His face lit up in a brilliant grin. “I’ll do that.” He bent down and kissed her again – beautiful perfection. Then he whispered in her ear, “We’ll change our story together.”

The thought of them 'creating' their own story--being writers, working together anyway--is such a creative play on words. Works with the story, but works for 'them', too.

LOVE this, Susan. Such a joy to get lost in it again this afternoon smile
Laura

(And great story ideas, Lynn clap... )

Last edited by LMA; 03/03/15 06:23 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~