This story hit it out of the park! clap

Lois looked down into the half-eaten carton of chocolate ice cream and frowned. The level was uneven, with a concave distortion marring the otherwise smooth plane. She scraped the edge of the hole with her spoon, shaving off a neat pile of the treat and bringing it to her mouth. She flipped the spoon over and closed her lips around it, licking the ice cream out of the spoon with her tongue. She let the flavor roll around in her mouth, savoring the sweetness before swallowing it whole.

If only it were that easy to eat her feelings.

Ooooh! I can think of a few times in my twenties when the only thing that got me through heartbreak, was a pint of vanilla or chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream. So happy those days are over! dance

She eyed the tub of chocolate ice cream, knowing that calories don’t really heal a broken heart, but feeling like devouring the rest of it anyway. Lois closed her eyes and shook her head, resisting the temptation. The situation was entirely her own fault. She couldn’t expect him to wait forever for her to return the feelings she knew he had. After all, as Perry had said, “Clark’s a nice man but when you get right down to it, a nice man is still just a man.”

Ya gotta love Perry! He hit the nail on the head! A good person is not going to sit around cooling their heels while the other person is making up their mind. Wake up Lois. (Not that Clark would even think of leaving Lois for Mayson!)

After a few minutes, Clark spoke. “Lois,” he said tentatively.

“Yeah?”

He paused, but then said, “This show is awful.”

Lois laughed out loud. “I know! But I’m hopelessly addicted.”

Only the very best of friends can be that honest with each other.

His face lit up in a brilliant grin. “I’ll do that.” He bent down and kissed her again – beautiful perfection. Then he whispered in her ear, “We’ll change our story together.”

Happy sighs! love Thanks for the touch of romance!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.