Oooh, lovely feedback! laugh

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It took me a minute to try and place it in the series.
If you look at the "Church of Metropolis" script, I set it between scenes 59 and 60. I just didn't think I needed to be that explicit in the story itself. LOL
I wondered what he had come over to say, only to have him not say it
In my mind, he came to apologize for their argument about Mayson in the conference room. But really, he just wants an excuse to be with her. wink
Originally Posted by MikeM
I loved the title!! So descriptive.
Yea! Thank you! There are several definitions of the term "ivory tower" - I went with this one from Mirriam-Webster: "a secluded place that affords the means of treating practical issues with an impractical often escapist attitude". So her apartment is the ivory tower, and watching "The Ivory Tower" is her way of escaping the issue of her relationship with Clark. And Clark breaches it, both by physically entering her apartment and metaphorically by prompting them to honestly express their feelings for each other. I know, I over-think things! LOL
Originally Posted by LMA
And great story ideas, Lynn
I tell ya, the request for in-universe fanfiction threw me for a bit of a loop. But I took the idea of fanfiction, of creating a new story, and winked at it throughout as I was writing about them creating new dialogue for the soap opera characters and then used it to allow them to change the story of their relationship. It's all very meta. laugh I'm so happy that it worked!

Thanks, so much, to all of you for your wonderful feedback. It really thrills me beyond words to know how much you all enjoyed what I created. jump

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink