Darth Michael: Hi Michael. I'm going to try to keep on top of things and try to respond to your FDK before posting the next part. Let's see how long this New Year's (Spring's) Resolution lasts. wink

Oh dear, just 2 more parts till the summer hiatus /peep/
Not necessarily so. I might be finished with the next story arc in the next two weeks. evil If RL gives me the time to write, that is.

And is a vow made to another person even binding?
Clark made that vow to God about another person. OTOH, Carlos did ask him not to keep it on his account (i.e. or worry that Carlos would die if Clark couldn't keep it.)

To be fair, he made that one when he broke up with his fiancée and decided to become a born-again virgin.
LOIS: /doesn't like it when her actions are used against her/
Actually, Clark made it when he thought Lois was engaged to Luthor and Carlos was lying in the the hospital. He thought if he couldn't have Lois, he might as well make Carlos better so that HE could ruin Mr. and Mrs. Luthor's relationship. peep Or not.

Yes, but in this case, it also affects other people’s lives.
Many peoples decision affect other peoples lives.

Oh, he did it so there wouldn’t be any little Superboys and Supergirls flitting around.
LOIS: /dizzy/
Clark did not make this vow so he wouldn't cheat on Lois before he could consummate their relationship without killing her.

Aww…did she just realize that Superman is what’s standing between her and sexual satisfaction?
Isn't he usually?
JIMMY: Hey! That's my job!

So, if Lois blows his cover? /huh/
No sex. That's right.
LOIS: But I might get a Pulitzer, right?

Millions of people happily consenting to enormous amounts of premarital sex: That ship has sailed.
Not for future generations.

ER: /shocked that Clark even tries to answer that rhetorical or otherwise deadly question/
CLAKR: Well…I guess…I mean, I can barely afford the 1000 bucks a night, so…I guess…but… /huh/
[Linked Image] That's not what Lois meant by Superman's high standard.

Isn’t it funny that the actual scandal will be when his cover is blown *while* Superman has marital relations with Lois Lane?
Only in canon dimension. That might not happen here.
Canon CLARK: I wish it didn't happen in my dimension either.
Canon LOIS: It was nice to have sex with Superman for a change though.

That’s a lie. He left because his future didn’t contain a Lois.
That's ONE of the reasons he left.

CLARK: No, not exactly. I left because my cover was blown and there was an available Lois over here. That’s not the same thing as leaving because there is no Lois back home.
LOIS: /dizzy/ /mad/
Right.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 207
“Oh,” she whispered. That made sense. “Your secret was revealed and then we were separated?”

“Yes.”
He’s pretty good at this lying while not telling a falsehood.
Well, in Clark's defense, he did say "let's just say for this argument that's what happened" when he was telling her about coming from the future. Canon Lois and this Lois are technically the same person, who just happen to have two different futures. So, as Obi Wan likes to say, from a certain point of view...

No, otherwise he wouldn’t have vowed to stay abstinent.
That's very well could have been true.

LOIS: /razz/ He should have vowed not to stay obstinate instead.
CLARK: I will if you will.

“So, you’re saying that in the future, we never…”
Hooked up? Made like Cat and Phil in the copyroom? Danced the horizontal tango? Cleaned the ceiling? Made Wink Wink Honk Honk?
CLARK: That all depends on Herb, if we will in your future, but in my past we didn't.
LOIS: huh

“Gosh, Lois, no!” he gasped. “We’d only been together a few days.”
CAT: /So, in the future does that mean I got to Clark first?/
CLARK: No.

She does realize that most liars get caught because they’re not able to tell their lie consistently?
Yes, but this is a flying man from the future. The laws of most men (i.e. nature and physics) don't apply.

How about, the Lois he is talking about arrived from a parallel universe, thought he was her own Clark, tried to boink him, and when that didn’t work, convinced him to dump his fiancée and don some fancy skisuit and a blanket and go out to assassinate the mayoral candidate during a rally?
CLARK: You see my quandary, don't you?
LOIS: /thinks this scenario is riotous until she notices that Clark isn't laughing, so her laughter subsides as she tries to read his facial expression and sees that it's sheepish and then she gets royally mad/
CLARK: I think I'm going to stick with my fuzzy on the truth story instead.

CLARK: There’s Area 51. The EPRAD launch pad. That B39 warehouse. The army base up north…
clap Much better than my baseball scenario!

Aww…he just told her that they won’t be Wink Wink Honk Honk this year.
He doesn't know that for certain.

CLARK: Crises averted.
LOIS (to Lucy later): And then he got that expression on his face. You know the one.
LUCY: The one where he's about to run away?
LOIS: The other one.
LUCY: The one where he's about to make up a stupid excuse and expects you to buy it as the truth?
LOIS: Door #3.
LUCY: Oh, the one where he wants you to think he's a total idiot and can't understand the words coming out of your mouth. I hate it when guys do that.

Like ‘you’re being abstinent if you manage to sneak nookie without her parents knowing’?
That's teenage / Glee abstinent.

ER: /plugs his story over yonder, once more... either that or trying to distract EW from writing and/or posting her story/ They could play cards?
LOIS: Poker?
CLARK: Okay. What are the stakes?
LOIS: Your clothes. When you run out of clothes, we'll improvise.
CLARK: What if you run out of clothes first?
LOIS: Problem diverted.
CLARK: huh
LOIS: My deal.

Originally Posted by ER
“I’m sure it’s like riding a bicycle…”
ER: /shock/ Did he just admit that he…?
Yes. Clark Kent knows how to ride a bicycle.

ER: /idea/ Corrina’s Aussie Rules! He just called her the town bike!
I'm still waiting for the Archive version to read that.

So she did *not* lie, apparently. /jawdrop/ /thud/
Nope. One of the two times Lois and Clark discussed that night in the hospital, Lois did not lie.

She does realize the amount of electronic vermin her apartment over the last couple of months, right?
LOIS: And Michael knows that my boyfriend is an electronic bug detector, right?

LUCY: No *way*! You’re doing *Superman*?
LOIS: Um... No! It was all a dream that Superman and I did it on the ceiling.
LUCY: So, who's the father of your baby again?

Like ‘Lois and I were not consummating our marriage’? Or ‘I was not trying to make a Kryptonian/human hybrid with my girlfriend in an attempt to establish a dynasty and rule the entire world’?
CLARK: Well, that last one would be true, because I don't want our children to rule the world.

PRESS: Superman confirmed today that he is having premarital relations with his favorite rescue target.
SUPERMAN: That's not what I said!

Couldn’t he burn those reporters and publishers to a crisp who dare to invade his privacy? I’m sure they’d stop after the first dozen or so attempts?
LOIS: Plan B?
CLARK: No!
LOIS: Plan C, then?

What about telescope lenses?
LOIS: Curtains.

He could stay for no more than 5 minutes a pop?
RALPH: /Hey, Superman and I have something in Common!/
Because Superman has super speed, it would probably be best if they don't spend any time together without a chaperone.

Maybe if they broke into both their homes *and* her doctor’s office and they find no hints or records of them owning any form of birth control?
TRASK: /Been there. Done that./
TRASK: What do you mean privacy rules? You're the press!

Over here, you can buy doors that have a steel plate inside, use more than a dozen deadbolts, a magnetic key, steel door frame. Basically, you need heavy machinery and an hour to break in.
CLARK: /licks pencil and opens notepad/ And the name of your supplier is...?

Actually, unquenchable hornieness.
LOIS: Potato. Tomato.

“But I could do with a little less pressure.”
They’ve no gotten pills for that?
LOIS: Not bladder control!

Adorable!
LOIS: Which is exactly why this vow will fail. evil
CLARK: help

To be fair, he made that one in bad faith.
Since he thought having sex would kill Lois?
CLARK: Not if I had it with someone other than her.
LOIS: Then, it would kill you.

‘the’?
Thanks. Fixed.

It’s not as if I had been stuck on a space station for eight weeks with nothing better to do than twiddle my thumbs and use my imagination daydreaming of what we could be doing if I were on Earth…
ER: /hubba-hubba/
I wondered if anyone would go there with that wording.

“Promised God.” Oh, great. How am I supposed to compete with that without looking like the devil incarnate?
ER: /suggests that she dress like the devil incarnate/
And how well did that work for The Mummy Hunter's sex life? Brenden Fraiser!

She should take the edge off with /call me Daniel/
LOIS: Thanks. Thinking of Dan usually always puts me off.

A little black number?
Perhaps.

Somehow, this is *so* wrong.
That Lois wants sex without marriage and Clark wants marriage without sex? Probably.
CLARK: I don't *want* that. I just might have to settle for it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.