She would come out on top, or die trying.
Funny, how that could both be true.
CLARK: help

Clark couldn’t fathom how he could’ve been. Wells had gone into the future, seen that Lois had died from the curse, and come back to warn Clark.
WELLS: confused
MXY: [Linked Image]

No. Lois would never have forgiven Clark had he taken advantage of her in that way.
Funny, him bringing this up now, considering what they talked about earlier.
LOIS: It’s called #66.

Then again, if Lois’s newest hospital adventure tale was indeed the truth, Clark certainly forgave her instantly. However, Clark wasn’t Lois.
See example A: Horny Male.
See example B: Bashful Maid.
I just realized something but wasn’t this story the one where Lois refrained from Claude because of her past memories? So, in the hospital, wouldn’t there have been blood?

No. Clark could never picture Lois forgiving him for making love to her while a love drug inebriated her.
LOIS: Well…I wouldn’t say that it would have been ‘making love’…

Could they have been blissfully making love all these months, if Herb hadn’t come back to warn him?
[Linked Image]
HERB: [Linked Image]

On the other hand, could the curse just not have affected Lois because Clark had amnesia at the time and didn’t know to whom he was making love? Would the results be different if he made love to her now, with all his facilities and powers intact?
Now, that would be awkward. Also, wouldn’t the curse be even more effective if it caused Lois and their child to die in childbirth instead? That way, yes, they’d have a bit of happiness before but even greater misery would befall him in the process? And the added bonus would be that Herb wouldn’t figure out that there’s a curse because childbirth has always been dangerous and bloody business.

But Clark had broken too many promises over the last year. He was determined he would keep this one.
LOIS: Really? *That’s* where he draws the line? [Linked Image]

Could Clark live with himself or with this fear? Was there any way for Clark to know the truth without risking Lois’s life or waiting for Herb to magically reappear and give his blessing?
Couldn’t he expose himself to Kryptonite, have Lois hit him over the head and then have her way with him? That way he’d be having amnesia every time and Lois would still get satisfied.
LOIS: Meh. It was more satisfying because I thought it was Clark than anything else, really.

He couldn’t imagine loving any other woman – even the Lois from his own dimension – more.
Wouldn’t that be awkward if he met the real deal instead of the cheap copy?
LOIS: Cheap? *Cheap*? I go for a 1000 bucks a night. That’s not *cheap*!

Clark swallowed, his entire body tensing.

Not just the hint of mustard and pastrami, but her. Salty sweat. Her perfume. Her…

“Kent!” Perry’s voice intruded at the worst possible moment, causing Clark to wince.

“Yes, sir?” he tried to respond without a quiver to his voice, but he doubted he succeeded.

“My office! Pronto!”
Oops?

He swore under his breath using words that wouldn’t make a Girl Scout blush.
‘Oh boy. This is not good. Not good at all.’

Perry stood up and walked around the desk as he spoke, “And you’ve put off getting her a gift until the last minute? Kent, that’s unlike you.”
It’s just that she wants a very special gift. One that he’s not willing to give to her.

“I was just working on it,” Clark lied… well, more like exaggerated. He had meant to be working on it. His notes were sitting open on his desk near his computer. That counted as working on it, right?
Oooh! This is just like writing, isn’t it?

The junior reporter blushed,
Junior? He won a Kerth. He got years of experience. He is a valuable contribution to Team Lois Lane.
PERRY: You mean the one that wasted a year on the Luthor story? A story my former *society* reporter managed to rope in on her *spare* time?

Clark’s eyes widened. Had he gotten Lois a good gift? He remembered all too well Lois’s giddiness in telling Cat about his purchase of a lamp for her birthday the previously year. A lamp that Lois had erroneously thought Clark had wanted to use as mood lighting for their first time together. Okay, it hadn’t been a completely erroneous theory. Was that why she had been giddy?
clap
Maybe if he got her a ring with a solitaire diamond on it?
LOIS: razz

He sat down. “Café Americana? Didn’t your uncle say something about making you a special cake?”

The joy fell from Lois’s face. “You better not have planned a surprise party.”
hyper He even invited Mayson!

“Do I look stupid to you?” he asked, and then went on before she could answer. “You hate surprises.”

“That I do, Chuck. That I do,” she said, leaning back in her chair. “Sooooo, what’d ya get me?” She grinned.

“Tonight,” he replied, and turned back to his computer screen.
rotflol

wave Michael

PS: I think you sort of skipped 205 [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.