Originally Posted by DebbieG
It wouldn’t be Lois and Clark without Lois’s life being threatened. Now we get to see just how fast Clark is.

If the explosion was that bad, there are going to be many casualties and people to be rescued. Superman is going to be busy. And Lois’s boring story just got very interesting.
Uh huh. Superman is going to be busy. Maybe he will need some help?

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I did indeed enjoy the calls; Lois' timing for the last call was impeccable. I can only imagine how panicked Clark must be at what he heard.
Timing was definitely good. Not only did it mean she was on the phone talking to the best possible person, but she wasn't actually in the conference, but just outside!

So instead of a "cliff hanger" we have a "building faller," so to speak. I agree with Debbie; Clark will be pushing himself to his limit on this cross-country flight.

Joy,
Lynn
lol That's a good one. It's not a cliff-hanger ... lol

Originally Posted by Mike M
Well if she did not want to see him for a while she should not be hanging around buildings that are being blown up...
Nope. But, then again, she doesn't know it would be Clark that she was seeing when Superman turned up.

As mentioned before this chapter was classic Lois and Clark and
I actually think this chapter made some progress in their new found relationship. Lois is less panicked about it by the end of the chapter
*nods* She's coming to terms with the situation, gradually. She's not quite completely there, but she's closer.

I smell a revelation just around the corner whistle

Mike
Really? You'll just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by Morgana
She doesn't want a ring? huh How disappointing. help
*grin* If you read it again her breath hitched ... she does. The scene was from Clark's point of view, but Lois' heart skipped a beat at that point.

She doesn't want to tell anyone? confused Really? shocked
She really is not ready to tell people, she's scared.

Yup, this is classic Lois and Clark. He pursues and she panics.
*nods*

Like MikeM said, this is a perfect set-up for a revelation! Clark is really going to have to be super fast in order to save his lady love. Lois is gonna be alive but really angry.
He's going to be faster than ever before. Not sure if Lois will be angry to see Superman show up though!

The phone conversations were very much Lois and Clark. I could see them talking to one another, including the split screen.

Kudos! thumbsup
Thanks. I was going for 'classic' LnC with these phone calls.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
shock Come back! Post More! Don't leave us hanging with barely a handhold on this cliff, please! Superman Help!
evil

Also, how will Clark leave the Daily Planet without someone seeing him turn into Superman?
Um, same way he always has to. Make a stupid excuse then disappear?

I'm glad Lois was honest with Clark. She wants to marry him but it seems to quick and she needs some time to adjust to the idea. I can see how that could be disappointing for someone looking at rings. My advice. Buy the ring, propose again (or for the first time), all while confessing his love for her. She might bolt again, but at least she'll know the truth of his motivations.
Keep reading.

So, are you posting soon? How about now? Now? Now!
Um, is Wednesday soon enough for you?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."