The Phone Calls
So…more long distance? peep

Clark was stood outside a jewellery store when his phone rang very late the following day.
hyper The phone’s ringing! peep

Clark turned away from the sparkly window and began heading down the street.
Not wanting to be seen standing too long in front of a jewelry store while dressed like a gentleman robber?

“Lois?” Clark wrinkled his brow. “Are you trying to avoid me?”
[Linked Image]

“It just took me by surprise. I didn’t expect it to happen like that and I’m not sure I’m ready.
But *she* was the one who suggested it in the first place!
LOIS: mad Your point being…?

Clark looked back, over his shoulder, at the Jewellery store, regretfully, and then hung his head.
MAZIK: Whew, that was a close one.

Once inside the room she tossed away her bag and dropped to the floor scrambling under the bed.

It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but eventually a small shadow began to stand out from the rest of the shadows.
huh Did she already buy herself a ring?

“Yes. Come to mama!” she said as she shuffled further under to try and reach her phone.
Oh. Huh?

“I must have left the phone on the bed when we talked this morning and it slid off so when I turned to pack my bag and didn’t see it ... I’m so sorry.
She got lucky Superman didn’t show up in a panic.

“As you can tell from my heavy breathing.”

“I wondered what was causing that.” She could hear him chuckling.
[Linked Image]

“Hey, don’t you be getting the wrong idea, this is all aerobic workout.”
[Linked Image]

“I wouldn’t dream of it, Lois,” he replied and the flippant way he answered sent a little pain through her heart.
Aww… I wonder if they might manage to spend their wedding night in the Honeymoon Suite, playing Scrabble.
LOIS: What was I supposed to do? Spell it out for him on the board?

“Very funny, Clark. You used to run a mile whenever a hot blonde came on to you, even before we uh ...
He ran? So *that’s* what’s caused the massive delay. This Clark isn’t into women!

“Really?” Lois’ voice squealed in disbelief. “He’s not her type at all.”

“Yeah, you thought I was her type,” Clark accused gently.
laugh So, Terry’s not into Lois, then, huh?

“Thanks, I gotta go. I just snuck out to call and I think I’m missing Australia now.”
Wow, she’s actually taking the GWS seriously jawdrop

“Yes, I’ll call you after everyth---,“ Lois had the wind knocked out of her suddenly and then a massive explosion rocked the building.
shock

Looking up she screamed as a chunk of ceiling dropped from directly above aiming for her head.
Oh boy. Clark won’t be able to get to her to keep her from getting hit. So…the chunk might actually be only a small bit that’s just going to knock her down from the shock. Or, considering she’s engaged, it might be big enough to cause her amnesia. Hmm…the explosion might be the 2nd Pinch Point evil

Dare I ask for comments?
Dare I ask for part 12? wildguy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.