Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Clark is easier to catch.
rotflol

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
jump
Who knew what other galactically stupid ideas would pop out of her mouth.
laugh
TEMPUS: Copyright!
Also, she could suggest they go to Vegas and make it official and then make a baby?
Yup, they would be more galactically stupid.

CLARK: If I keep her hand clasped, she won’t be able to escape.
LOL. Yup. He dare not let go. And you'll see why as you continue to read the chapter.

As she stared at the tangled fingers her mind began to wonder if he was always so warm.
And all over?
*nods* Her mind is definitely drifting in that direction.

They hugged fairly often, but clothing stopped her from feeling his body heat.
There’s now a way around that!
LOIS (eagerly): There is? Really? What is it?

“So, when do you want to do it then?” he asked.
Consummating the engagement?
lol Still showing that wonderful psychic power there Michael.

“Thanks for seeing me home, Clark,” she smiled at him brightly but he could see some pain in her eyes.
She is hoping that he’ll ask if he can come in for a nightcap?
More like ... she's 'terrified' he'll ask to come in for a nightcap.

He pressed his lips to hers gently and lingered just slightly too long for ‘just friends’ even if those friends were going to get married.
Awwwwww
grin

Clark chose to take that as a good sign and a grin was plastered on his face all the way to his own apartment.
Meanwhile…
LOIS: Yes. Is this 24-Movers Inc? Yes, I need to move to Metropolis, Illinois. … No, tonight.
rotflol

I’m engaged.

I’m an engaged woman.

I have a fiancé.
So, halfway there with the life plan?
LOIS: What life plan? Oh yes. From the Prologue.

She moaned when she pictured his tongue seeking entrance to her mouth.

Oh no. I dreamt about him, about the kiss.
So, she already figured out this ‘sex’ thing?
Umm. Maybe.

How am I going to deal with unresolved physical desire for the rest of my life?
By jumping her reticent husband when he suggests that they can take a honeymoon suite with two twin beds instead of one king one?
What do you think Clark thinks about this? He's completely in love with Lois, so he probably wants a double. But he thinks that Lois is only going into a 'platonic' marriage. So ... twin beds. ARGH.

Or maybe it won't be 'unresolved' if he wants to …
Maybe she shouldn’t ask?
Maybe not!

Does she want a ring?
Does she want to tell people?
Does she want to tell them that it’s just a marriage of convenience?
Yes. No. Are you nuts?
lol

How shall I tell her about Superman?
When shall I tell her?
How shall I tell her my true feelings?
Should I tell her my true feelings?
Honey, remember how Clark Jr. fell from the tree and wasn’t hurt?
Well, he won’t need to buy plane tickets from to go to Cancun for spring break next week.
Chocolate.
It’s recommended.
rotflol

She even rang Perry and managed to wheedle a difficult assignment that would keep her out of the office for weeks.
Hey!
What? You didn't expect her to be immediately over the moon about the idea did you? This is LOIS.

But it wasn’t until late afternoon when she finally accepted the inevitable.

I need to call Clark.
Wouldn’t that be funny if Lois can’t reach him and is gone for weeks?
That would be terrible. They will definitely be in touch with each other.

And this bikini. Who exactly are you trying to impress on the beach?
The nice lifeguard in the red briefs?
LOIS: Who happens to look a bit like Superman. Wait a minute, it is Superman. Where's the rest of the suit? And why is he watching me? Is he stalking me?

She grabbed the suitcase and lugged it to the door then picked up her purse and jacket. One quick glance around the room to check on closed doors and windows then she was gone.
So, Lois is missing and her apartment is a mess? Oh boy.
CLARK: help
LOL. Not quite.

Looking at the time he pursed his lips in annoyance. Superman. That’s why. Stupid nuclear meltdown. Why can’t the Russians take better precautions?
RUSSIAN TECH: Russian reactor not melting down. Russian safety system is unfailable. Only need call guardian of capitalism in case of problem.
rotflol

If I’m not chasing down a lead. Or not being held captive by a super-villain. Or not being rescued by Superman.
shock
What? Is that not Lois' answerphone message? Did I get it wrong?

She put the phone down on the bed and nibbled her lip. What does he want to tell me? He wants to call it off? He wants to elope to Vegas? He’s decided he’s gay?
Ex-girlfriend in Smallville. Birthwife on New Krypton. Kid in Michigan.
ARGH! Lois' mind is seriously running away with her now.

“Lois, what’s the matter?” He was ready for Superman mode. Why else would she be calling at this hour?
Because she usually gets to call when she’s in danger?
rotflol

he realised that this was almost what it would be like every night, except she’d be right next to him ... in bed.
Plus, nookie!
Hmm… [Linked Image] and [Linked Image]
Well, he hopes!

“Night, Lois,” he replied gently. “I love you,” he whispered into the receiver, but the dial tone was already ringing in his ear.
wallbash
Tee Hee. Don't do that too often. You need to resist, cause there's even more to come. If you give into the impulse every time then your gonna have a bruise the size of an ostrich egg on your head.

11? grovel

wave Michael
Chapter 11? Sure...

On Saturday.

But maybe I'll give you a little gift.

It's called The Phone Calls.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Coast City? I wonder whether Lois will meet Hal Jordan; I just hope neither Mongul nor Cyborg Superman will be stopping by.
I chose Coast City as it's on the opposite size of America and Lois couldn't get much further away from Clark without it requiring a passport. (Which she does have, but there's no need for her to leave the country). Anyway. No Mongul or Cyborg Superman. I know I've said this is in the wider DC universe and not just LnC, but it's still a RomCom.

I had half expected that the engagement would have been broken off by the end of this part. They may not have taken any steps forward, but at least it doesn't appear that they've taken very many steps back. Of course, there are still so many parts left to this story that I would not be at all surprised to find that the engagement does get broken off and, of course, get unbroken by the last, or -- at the latest -- the penultimate, part.
Really? Well, lets just say that both parties REALLY want to marry the other, so why would the engagement get called off?

Oh, by the way, given the topic of the story, I interpreted the last phrase below figuratively at first, and had to reinterpret it literally when I read the rest of the sentence. (This is exactly 180 degrees from the problem I usually have; I tend to (mis)interpret things too literally.)

Clark whistled to himself as he dressed the following morning. Tying the knot...
*laughs* That's funny. I'd never even thought of that myself.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."