jump
Who knew what other galactically stupid ideas would pop out of her mouth.
laugh
TEMPUS: Copyright!
Also, she could suggest they go to Vegas and make it official and then make a baby?

Lois looked down at her hand, clasped tightly by Clark’s. Just a token gesture, she convinced herself. It doesn’t mean anything.
CLARK: If I keep her hand clasped, she won’t be able to escape.

As she stared at the tangled fingers her mind began to wonder if he was always so warm.
And all over?

They hugged fairly often, but clothing stopped her from feeling his body heat.
There’s now a way around that!

Careful, Lois. More than your hand is getting warm now.
evil

“So, when do you want to do it then?” he asked.
Consummating the engagement?

Do it? Her eyes widened. Oh gosh. Sex. How’s that going to work?
rotflol
Also…
[Linked Image]

“Of course. When? Um, well ... there’s no rush yet,” she said dismissively.
So, wants to take some time to figure out how sex works first?
RALPH: [Linked Image]

if she really didn’t want to she’d be rambling on about why it wouldn’t work and then breaking it off.
jawdrop

“Thanks for seeing me home, Clark,” she smiled at him brightly but he could see some pain in her eyes.
She is hoping that he’ll ask if he can come in for a nightcap?

He pressed his lips to hers gently and lingered just slightly too long for ‘just friends’ even if those friends were going to get married.
Awwwwww

Clark chose to take that as a good sign and a grin was plastered on his face all the way to his own apartment.
Meanwhile…
LOIS: Yes. Is this 24-Movers Inc? Yes, I need to move to Metropolis, Illinois. … No, tonight.

I’m engaged.

I’m an engaged woman.

I have a fiancé.
So, halfway there with the life plan?

One Lois was ecstatic, excited and living in a wonderful wedding haze. The other Lois was in hell.
[Linked Image]

Me and Clark. Getting married.

Yes, it was always meant to be.
jawdrop

But why did I have to fall in love with him, though?
Bad hormones?

In fact, loving him may possibly make this marriage easier to deal with.
I recommend she talk to Dr. Friskin.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Her heart had been pounding so loud she was sure he must have been able to hear it.
CLARK: help

She moaned when she pictured his tongue seeking entrance to her mouth.

Oh no. I dreamt about him, about the kiss.
So, she already figured out this ‘sex’ thing?

How am I going to deal with unresolved physical desire for the rest of my life?
By jumping her reticent husband when he suggests that they can take a honeymoon suite with two twin beds instead of one king one?

Or maybe it won't be 'unresolved' if he wants to …
Maybe she shouldn’t ask?

Lois nibbled on her lower lip and worried over the fact that she couldn't even decide which situation would be worse.
I’d say, let her stew in that for a couple of days, she’ll crawl the walls with want.

Does she want a ring?
Does she want to tell people?
Does she want to tell them that it’s just a marriage of convenience?
Yes. No. Are you nuts?

How shall I tell her about Superman?
When shall I tell her?
How shall I tell her my true feelings?
Should I tell her my true feelings?
Honey, remember how Clark Jr. fell from the tree and wasn’t hurt?
Well, he won’t need to buy plane tickets from to go to Cancun for spring break next week.
Chocolate.
It’s recommended.

I think she’s going to be more upset about the Superman thing, rather than my romantic feelings for her. Which one shall I tell her first then? Which way round would be better?
CLARK: Lois, honey, remember how you always had a crush on Superman…?

She even rang Perry and managed to wheedle a difficult assignment that would keep her out of the office for weeks.
Hey!

But it wasn’t until late afternoon when she finally accepted the inevitable.

I need to call Clark.
Wouldn’t that be funny if Lois can’t reach him and is gone for weeks?

You can go through with the marriage, you can live like this. You just need a few weeks to prepare yourself.
Worried about needing a spa treatment?

Okay, Lois. Streamline. Are you really going to need the ski jacket in Coast City?
rotflol

And this bikini. Who exactly are you trying to impress on the beach?
The nice lifeguard in the red briefs?

She grabbed the suitcase and lugged it to the door then picked up her purse and jacket. One quick glance around the room to check on closed doors and windows then she was gone.
So, Lois is missing and her apartment is a mess? Oh boy.
CLARK: help

Looking at the time he pursed his lips in annoyance. Superman. That’s why. Stupid nuclear meltdown. Why can’t the Russians take better precautions?
RUSSIAN TECH: Russian reactor not melting down. Russian safety system is unfailable. Only need call guardian of capitalism in case of problem.

If I’m not chasing down a lead. Or not being held captive by a super-villain. Or not being rescued by Superman.
shock

She put the phone down on the bed and nibbled her lip. What does he want to tell me? He wants to call it off? He wants to elope to Vegas? He’s decided he’s gay?
Ex-girlfriend in Smallville. Birthwife on New Krypton. Kid in Michigan.

“Lois, what’s the matter?” He was ready for Superman mode. Why else would she be calling at this hour?
Because she usually gets to call when she’s in danger?

“Global Warming Summit,” he interjected, guessing correctly.
So, no visits by her fiancé or the GWS will have more warming to deal with?

he realised that this was almost what it would be like every night, except she’d be right next to him ... in bed.
Plus, nookie!
Hmm… [Linked Image] and [Linked Image]

“Night, Lois,” he replied gently. “I love you,” he whispered into the receiver, but the dial tone was already ringing in his ear.
wallbash

11? grovel

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.