Originally Posted by Mike M
Now that's the Lois we all know, when in panic mode: RUN!!
Yup. She did a 'Lois'.

Nice to know that after all the years the dynamics haven't changed any. Clark fearful, Lois panicked, and Superman in the way...
Even after eight years. *nods*

Nice chapter but I still want him to buy her a ring and put it on her finger.
He will. I'm sure you know that. But ... when

From the pace I guess we still have a couple of chapters (and a couple more Superman activities and Lois blocking attempts getting in the way) before they get to tell each other how they really feel about each other.

Mike
Still a few chapters away from what you all want to see. Yup. *nods*

Originally Posted by groobie
Another good part...I'm enjoying your story very much. Here's hoping they don't wait three whole weeks to admit and act on their real feelings for each other! smile
Lois' assignment is to cover a three weeks summit. Will she stay there for three weeks? Will the summit actually last three weeks?

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Do it? Her eyes widened. Oh gosh. Sex. How’s that going to work?
Quick! Someone draw her a diagram!
rotflol

“The date. When would you like to get married?”
To say it again. [Linked Image] No, no, no, Clark, you don't want to marry Lois like this.
Um, yes he does. He'll marry her any way he can at the moment. They made a pact. Lois has agreed. They are best friends. He's convinced she'll never love him in a romantic sense. This Pact is how he gets what he wants.

Clark stood quietly, just looking at her for a few moments. If I don’t play this right it could all come crashing down on me.
Oh, good, part of his brain is still working.
*hands on hips* Lots of his brain is still working. *hmmmph*

Clark chose to take that as a good sign and a grin was plastered on his face all the way to his own apartment.
Or not.
He's happy. He's marrying the woman he loves in the only way he thinks it will ever happen.

Maybe that was always meant to be, too. Well, I guess I can deal with it then. I can learn to live with my feelings. And it’s not going to be so bad. In fact, loving him may possibly make this marriage easier to deal with.
I find it interesting that Lois doesn't even consider WHY Clark wants this so much or what his own feelings towards her might be.
They both think the other is just honouring the Pact. BUT they both know that the other has strong 'friendship' feelings for each other, and that's all The Pact was ever supposed to be anyway. They have no reason to hope the other person feels anything else.

No. I thought I just loved him ... and was ‘in love’ with him.[i/] She opened her mouth in shock when she remembered the things Clark had done to her in the dream.
You've got a slash after "i" italics marker here.
Sorted. Thanks

Does she want a ring?
Does she want to tell people?
Does she want to tell them that it’s just a marriage of convenience?

His heart nearly broke at that thought, but he squashed the feeling, choosing to hope for the best.

How shall I tell her about Superman?
When shall I tell her?
How shall I tell her my true feelings?
Should I tell her my true feelings?
Okay, let's take all these questions slowly. /breathe in and out/ Yes. Better her than you. Okay, scratch that last one and make it BOTH of you, together. Yes. Once she stops freaking out. By being honest. DUH! YES! Does that help?
lol great advice. Hopefully Clark will follow it. laugh

I think she’s going to be more upset about the Superman thing, rather than my romantic feelings for her. Which one shall I tell her first then? Which way round would be better?
Love first, then Superman. Knowing that you love her will reassure her before you drop the heavy (and red) boot. Then, if she freaks out that you love her and breaks off the engagement, then you know its for the best that she not know your secret.
lol great advice. Hopefully Clark will follow it. laugh (I know - it's the same answer to previous comment, tee hee)

Okay, I read a few things into this (these) paragraph(s). I don't know if you meant to lead us astray with red herrings, or if I'm just projecting more angst into your story, because... well, you can. First, she called Clark. He didn't answer. I figured she called his home number and it rang off the hook because he wasn't there. Then I thought when she dropped the phone on the floor, Clark was going to freak out because he could hear Lois fighting with something (suitcase, but he doesn't know that) and then show up at her apartment as Superman to save the day, only to have Lois have to admit to her hero that she was now off the market and see that she was hesitant about it. clap
*laughs* Not supposed to be so complicated.

And this bikini. Who exactly are you trying to impress on the beach?
Ooooh! I know this one. Your fiance when he flies in to visit you.
CLARK: wave
lol

Then, here, I thought her phone was still on the floor and Clark was going to freak out because she wasn't answering her phone. Or when he knocked on her door in the next scene (I won't quote it), he would see it on the floor and worry she had been kidnapped by someone who stole her clothes but left her heavy jacket and bikini.
*laughs again* Nope, she's tidied up by now.

Looking at the time he pursed his lips in annoyance. Superman. That’s why. Stupid nuclear meltdown. Why can’t the Russians take better precautions?
Duh! This universe has a Superman. Why take precautions?
SUPERMAN: Um, what if I decide to take a vacation?

“Night, Lois,” he replied gently. “I love you,” he whispered into the receiver, but the dial tone was already ringing in his ear.
Awwwww. I hope she heard him. (checks part number 10/18) so that would be a NOPE.
Nope she didn't.

Sorry.

peep

Enter Martha to Gibbs-slap Clark in the back of the head and leave. Enter Jonathan who sits down with his son and explains ONCE AGAIN how to woo a woman. Enter Martha again to Gibbs-Slap Clark again.

What a rollercoaster ride, KK. More, please. hyper
Can they Gibbs-slap both of them please?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."