Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
That was a very cute ending and the idea of a sequel is interesting.
Thankyou.

Originally Posted by AmyPrime
That was a lot of fun! Quick and WAFFy, but it covered a lot of ground in a believable way.
Quick and WAFFy. Definitely.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Knowing that he didn't want her. Knowing that he didn't want her to know.
They really do have such awesome communication skills, don’t they?
CAT: There’s a reason Lois isn’t on the society beat…
They are writers. Of course they have awesome communication skills. Oh, you were being sarcastic.

Yup.

"Lois, something is wrong. Please tell me." His voice pierced her heart.
LOIS: You don’t love me! whinging
LOL. I had this petulant little girl voice in my head when I read that!

The pavement outside the Daily Planet proved that.
What if he lied…?
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Clark, lie? He doesn't know how to! *giggles*

His retraction was an attempt to protect his heart when she'd played with it.
But she…she *likes* to play with her toys!
Are you saying that Clark's heart is a 'toy' to Lois?

All thought spiralled away as she closed her eyes again, her mind floating on a sea of bright sparkles.
Oh no! He’s mind-wiping her! mecry
rotflol

"My physical heart is fine. It's my emotional heart I'm worried about."
Now look at that. Two hearts. He’s a Centauri!
He's using metaphor! Remember, he and Lois and writers. Metaphor!!!!!

You've no idea how many shooting stars I've wished on.
EPRAD TECH: Yo, Sam! Another satellite just went off course and into the Earth’s atmosphere.
SAM: Damn. That’s what? The fifth this month alone? What is *wrong* with the orbits these days?
rotflol Now you've got me imagining Superman in orbit punching at satellites saying 'she loves me, she loves me not'.

you very nearly had a nocturnal visit from Superman on a few occasions."
jawdrop Clark! What would your mother say!
CLARK: Um ... good for you? Finally going after the woman you love? I just want you to be happy?

"Because I want to stay … forever." Clark's eyes met hers and locked. Eternity passed as she breathed in and out.

"Okay." Her one word reply hung in the air between them.
shock Isn’t that the moment when Lois should shut herself in her bedroom?
Yup. But she's shutting someone in there WITH her.

All that practicing of her signature in the notepad was going to pay off.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was an adorable ending, Vic!

wave Michael
Thanks. I've had 'cute', 'adorable', 'WAFFy' ... I'm sure there's even more.

Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
This was beautiful! Lois's feelings and her hopelessness caught my attention right away, but then to see poor Clark with his 'aching scar' on 'rainy days' (beautiful metaphor, by the way!) just broke my heart.
Thanks. I liked that metaphor myself.

They were both so caught up in seeing the wrong things that when Lois finally saw the pen mark, I was inwardly chanting, 'see the right things!' over and over again! smile But I love that she thought it was hopeless, that Clark/Superman didn't love her and Lois Kent was only a baseless fantasy, and how Clark stayed to talk it out with her but then didn't know WHAT to say.
Yeah. He said he wouldn't leave, and that they needed to talk ... and then he went blank and didn't know what to say!

And above all, I love that Lois realized the RIGHT things and took a chance -- and that Clark, even after kissing her, was brave enough to address his fear rather than letting her build it. I felt my own heart ache a bit when he asked if they were kissing because he was Superman -- and I was delighted when Lois was so obviously overjoyed to see him as Clark! That had to have assuaged any doubts he might have still held!
My heart has ached for Clark so many times I wanted to give him a fantastic gift to know how Lois felt about him ... Clark.

I also liked a lot of the little details -- like Clark having to worry about the pen mark the thugs and victim might have seen on him. It's such a small thing, but it COULD connect him to Clark or even just give Superman's reputation trouble, and so he has to consider that. It really hammers in just how much he always has to be aware of and how thin a line he walks all the time. Also, love that keeping Lois safe factors into Clark's major plans as both Superman and Clark Kent!

LOVELY story -- thanks so much for sharing it!
You are welcome. So glad you read and commented ... or I'd never have realised that I missed replying!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."