I'm glad Superman was able to tell something was up with Lois and called her on it. Kudos for Lois telling him flat out that she knew and for taking a chance, which could have ended up with her heart breaking even more than it had already.

"Lois, I—" he began.

"Just go," she pleaded before he could continue. His heart crumbled. She'd never forgive him. She'd never love him now. But he had to, at least, salvage their friendship.

"No," he shook his head and strode further into the apartment, firmly leaving the window behind him. "There's too much to say. Too much we need to talk about."
Wow. He said 'no'. You don't see that very much. clap I like him standing up to her. smile1

I love this:
She smiled and traced her fingers over his cheek then up into his hair. "It's not a dream. It can't be." She shook her head.

"How do you know?" he pleaded, desperate to be reassured.

"Because if it were then you wouldn't be wearing that suit." ...So if this were a dream, you'd be Clark."
CLARK: dance party

"I used to consider giving you your fantasy." Clark released her waist and brought up a hand. He cupped her cheek and tangled his fingers in her hair. "I wanted you so much I used to think about coming to you ... letting you have Superman."
Gasp! Clark! /giggle... that might have been fun, too, especially after she knew the truth, but he didn't know she knew./

"Because I want to stay." His voice was so low and husky she barely heard his reply.

"What's wrong with that?" she breathed out.

"Because I want to stay … forever." Clark's eyes met hers and locked. Eternity passed as she breathed in and out.

"Okay." Her one word reply hung in the air between them.
Awwww.

Fun story, KK. I love it when you can pull a fast one on me.

And hyper sequel! Yes! Yes! Yes!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.