Knowing that he didn't want her. Knowing that he didn't want her to know.
They really do have such awesome communication skills, don’t they?
CAT: There’s a reason Lois isn’t on the society beat…

"Lois, something is wrong. Please tell me." His voice pierced her heart.
LOIS: You don’t love me! whinging

What about when she fibbed to him, or even worse … when he smiled at her? Could he tell that her heart raced, or skipped a beat whenever he entered the room?
hyper

She needed to be alone, to grieve the true end of all her fantasies.
DAN: [Linked Image]

It would reveal too much, open up the situation to things she couldn't deal with. "You should probably wash behind your ear before you save anyone else."
evil

To see her distancing herself from the only part of him that usually got her affection was like a final blow to his heart.
MAYSON: [Linked Image]

The pavement outside the Daily Planet proved that.
What if he lied…?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

She'd offered herself to Superman the same evening and he hadn't believed her declaration. No wonder.
Huh…might she…?

His retraction was an attempt to protect his heart when she'd played with it.
But she…she *likes* to play with her toys!

All thought spiralled away as she closed her eyes again, her mind floating on a sea of bright sparkles.
Oh no! He’s mind-wiping her! mecry

"No." Lois knew she needed to tell him the truth and risk her heart. "We're kissing because you're Clark."
Awwwww

He immediately dived down again, his arms holding her tight to his chest.
Oh boy. Now she’s done it…

"My physical heart is fine. It's my emotional heart I'm worried about."
Now look at that. Two hearts. He’s a Centauri!

You've no idea how many shooting stars I've wished on.
EPRAD TECH: Yo, Sam! Another satellite just went off course and into the Earth’s atmosphere.
SAM: Damn. That’s what? The fifth this month alone? What is *wrong* with the orbits these days?

"It will crumble into dust." She watched his expectant face flicker from hope to fear. "What if this is a dream?" He spoke out his fear.
What if it’s Revenge?

A superstar crush, coupled with some healthy attraction because, face it, you have the sexiest body on the whole planet.
rotflol

He smiled again and the relief she saw in his face was echoed in the tension she felt leave his body.
[Linked Image] evil

you very nearly had a nocturnal visit from Superman on a few occasions."
jawdrop Clark! What would your mother say!

"Because I want to stay … forever." Clark's eyes met hers and locked. Eternity passed as she breathed in and out.

"Okay." Her one word reply hung in the air between them.
shock Isn’t that the moment when Lois should shut herself in her bedroom?

She was pretty sure that Clark had just … in a roundabout sort of way … subtly, kind of, proposed. And she was pretty sure that she'd accepted.
[Linked Image]

All that practicing of her signature in the notepad was going to pay off.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was an adorable ending, Vic!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.