The After Party
Is this where Lex wakes up with a split head erm splitting headache?

He had been so full of…
LOIS: [Linked Image]

What was the point of bribing people to inform him of his imminent arrest if they failed to do so?
Charity?

Lex pushed a side-table in front of the door so that the police couldn't get through.
So… ‘safeguard’ huh?
LOIS: I use locks on my door for that.

By the time the police made it to this hall, Lex would have simply vanished.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

If Lois wasn’t going to stick by him in his darkest hour, then he would make sure that she couldn’t have her happily-ever-after with Superman, either.
So, had Lois decided to go all Bonnie to his Clyde, he’d have let Superman live?

At the end of the hall, he shoved the corner of the wall, which gave way under his hand.
Very shoddy workmanship. He should have his contractor shot.

He double-checked the rear bumper of the car the door had nudged, but didn’t see a scratch. All was as it should be.
Wouldn’t it be awkward had he scratched it and then broken down in a nervous crying fit over the damage?

Lex had dismissed his guard at the elevator when he had come down earlier for his tête-a-tête with Superman…
Sounds naughty!

or to choose a vintage champagne for him and Lois to share later, as he had told the guard.
Awww, he wanted to get a 1966 Kryptonian Blue for their wedding night. I’m sure Lois would have enjoyed it.

Or, at least, that was the way the history books would remember the event… if it were an event at all.
Yeah…he does realize it’s the reporter chick who would be forming popular opinion and thus history, right?

Nothing, absolutely nothing, was going right for him today!
Maybe he should have stayed in bed, then?

He had no one to blame for this failure other than himself.
At least he wasn’t bested by a better man?

Lex doubted that even Superman would be so forgiving of Lex’s transgressions, at least, not initially.
Well…he might hand him over to Lois and then leave…

“It wasn’t her,” he reminded himself softly. He had no proof of her innocence other than his belief in her love. “It was a lie.”
There’s a lot of stories out there with women going to work on their backs for their lovers.

As he was having difficulty catching his breath, let alone standing, and he realized that it wasn’t only his shoulder that was throbbing in pain, he knew Superman wouldn’t be available to hero anytime soon.
That’s why lawmen often carry guns. They only have to be strong enough to hold it up, aim, and pull the trigger.

He didn’t want Cat to fall down the stairs in the darkness.
CAT: cat He thinks I’m so fat that I no longer have a regular center of gravity?

At the stairs, Clark collapsed again, pulling his cape around him in a futile attempt to block out the Kryptonite’s hold on him.
Should have gone with the leaded suit.

He had neither the emotional nor the physical strength to deal with Luthor as he ought.
Dangle him over the balcony railing but not let him go?

Lois would understand and might even be too busy to give his absence more than a passing thought.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

“Do you still want to see her?” Cat asked softly. “What she did…”
Nothing several dozen other women didn’t do for money that year alone.

“You deserve to be treated so much better than… You do so much… Luthor should be shot.”

“Violence cannot beget more violence or it will never end.”
Actually, if you took out Lex really good, he shouldn’t come back himself. There would be Ari to content with and the Church Group. Lex-C. Some minor gangwars, maybe…but still…

I can fold it and place it under my shirt,” she said, pulling out her baggy maternity blouse. “Room to grow.”
laugh

At the sight of his naked chest, Cat swallowed and set her hand down between his pecs. Then, she muttered something that sounded like ‘such a waste’ and the word ‘stupid’
LOIS: razz I’m *trying* to get into his pants. It’s not *my* fault he’s shyer than…than…Canon Lois.

There was a slight hopeful glint to her gaze as she paused long enough for it to move from his chest to his eyes and back again, and down lower. Her tongue slowly licked her lips before she exhaled, “— assistance.”
So…pregnancy hormones making her horny?

“I may be married, sugar boots, but I’m not dead,” she replied, sauntering up the stairs. “There’s no harm in looking.”

He doubted Phil would see that statement in quite the same light.
PHIL: I think it best if I never visit a strip joint.

“But D.A. Clemmons wanted something big and flashy, which would deny Luthor bail and freeze his assets, while they continued to investigate him. It’s why this place is crawling with Feds, along with Metropolis’s finest.”
Look who’s trying to earn some clout.
CLEMMONS: It’s either this or trying his ex-fiancée for murder.

The windows rose upwards behind him to allow the suspect access to the balcony. He ran outside and looked over the railing.
Awww…Henderson’s still politically correct. Also, rigging the window to come down guillotine-style on the next person through would also be a nice touch.

“It’s over, Luthor. Give up,” Bill said, joining him outside and knowing the man had nowhere else he could flee to unless a helicopter descended from the sky.
[Linked Image]

Lex Luthor has lost his marbles, Bill thought.
Maybe they should take him in and put him under psychiatric observation?

What in the…?
Maybe Lex had gobbled up Superman’s essence and is now able to fly himself.

Lois looked around the plaza once more, this time seeing someone who looked like Clark hanging off Cat’s arm.
laugh

On the other hand, Cat saw her and glared at Lois as if she had pledged her life to Lex Luthor just because she was still wearing her wedding dress.
No, it’s because she was whoring around with her fiancée on the vid-wall.

“Worried?” Ellen Lane repeated. “Why should you be worried, dear? I’m here now. What’s with all the police? Has something happened, or is it just security for your wedding?”
So…still drunk, huh?

“Yes, Lois. Where’s that fiancée of yours?
Over there. 2 inch in the ground.

“Who is it?” her mother asked. “Do you know that man, Lois?”
Her hubby.
ELLEN: Typical. At least, *I* only drove him into other women. My daughter has to drive them into the ground.

“It’s Lex.” Lois pulled her eyes away from his descent to scan the plaza once more for Clark. He had to… had to… “Where’s Superman?” she mumbled.
She is *hoping* that he lives?

Clark couldn’t let their investigation go up in smoke like this, not after all they had put into it. If he died, Lex could only be tried in the press and not in a real court.
Oh.

She felt someone grab hold of her arm and jerk her backwards. She turned to see her mother. “Oh, honey, no! You can’t save him now.”

“Mom, I’ve got to…”

SPPLLAATT!!

Spray from Lex’s impact with the ground directly in front of them,
shock That could have gotten awkward had Lex actually managed to hit her.

but her mother had gotten the brunt of the debris.
shock So much for her rehab.

Ellen Lane screamed as only someone drenched in someone else’s bodily fluids could scream.
She never changed Lois’s diapers, did she?

Lois was silent. She stood there in shock, her hands extended as she gazed at the blood dripping off her.
So, Lex made a bigger splat than on the show, did he? Blew up like an overripe melon?

Had he not known about Luthor? She blinked Luthor’s blood out of her eyes, and realized the man wasn’t Clark at all.

Where in the hell had Clark Kent gone?
confused

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.