John: wave Aren't you a sweetie for coming in and complaining about Lex... er... commenting? laugh

Won't work, he has to meet his past head on.
CARLOS: wave

I think this is why we can so sympathize with Wrong Clark, because we all fear we will reach that breaking point. In L&C they faced some breaking points, but with his obsession with a Lois who is this Lois, and yet not this Lois, Clark has a really tough path to go.
You mean canon Lois or this alt-canon Lois? Yes. Is it fate or are they trying to build on the memory of love with someone else? /And, here, you thought this was just Soap Opera drivel, not something deeper. laugh /

But Lois is not Lana. It will take a long time for him to believe this in his inner heart.
When you only have the experience of how one person treated you, you tend to look at life through that prism.

Maybe she would have loved him more if he had stood up to her.
Maaaayyyybbbeeee. Or maybe Lana wanted a doormat.

This might be just because Lois is more honest with herself.
Or maybe Lois doesn't want a doormat.

CLARK: [Linked Image] Now, she tells me.

To be fair, the alien side and Superman are not the same thing. Superman was the alien side repackaged with all the plus.
So, if Clark started doing heroic things in tights, Lana might have accepted his abilities better?... because of the package?

That is a contrast that I can't nit-pick at.
Maybe Lana HAD risked her life for Clark and he just didn't know it?

That makes me wonder why he ever got engaged to Lana, but I think I sadly understand how that happened.
Because she knew the truth about him and didn't go running into the hills (or to the govn't) screaming like her pants were on fire. In Clark's experience, people like that were very rare.

Originally Posted by John Lambert
Putting Clark (as opposed to Superman) so close to Lois in public might not be wise.
Lois and Clark are professionals. They can handle seeing each other without ducking into the stairwell for a quickie.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: We are? Darn!

Nothing could be be better for their relationship than her to seem bored with Luthor.
Again, this was Clark's POV, so it's his interpretation of her expression. It's possible she was completely riveted to whatever Lex was drolling on about.

Good thing Luthor lacks super-hearing. Was she with Luthor at that moment?
Yep.

Part of me thinks "stop himself from" would read better, but maybe I just like the self form too much.
I noticed this too, when I was re-reading it to see your comment. blush

Explain all the reasons he left, not just wanting to find his own Lois, or a Lois he could have.
CLARK: But that's only telling Lois half of the truth.

I'm not sure about that. That he can love her over the more refined Lois from canon tells something about him.
Canon LOIS: /nudges her husband/ Did you hear that, Clark? John says I'm refined.

CANON CLARK: So, he hasn't watch the last two seasons recently? peep

At least he never had sex with canon Lois.
Phew. No. I didn't go there in this story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.