He had missed Lois so much that Cat had insisted that he take her ticket to the charity function, which Clark knew that Lois was attending.

Putting Clark (as opposed to Superman) so close to Lois in public might not be wise.

He had arrived during the last hour dressed in his tuxedo and watched her from within the room as she circled around with Luthor, appearing more bored than thrilled to be there.

Nothing coulbe be better for their relationship than her to seem bored with Luthor.

The only excitement he saw was when she had spotted him lounging at the end of the bar. He had raised his glass to her, and listened as her heart rate sped up.

Good thing Luthor lacks super-hearing. Was she with Luthor at that moment?

It had taken all his self-restraint to stop him from approaching her, throwing her over his shoulder, and simply walking out of the event.

Part of me thinks "stop himself from" would read better, but maybe I just like the self form too much.

He reined himself back from these thoughts and returned to the dilemma of how to tell Lois about his true past.

Explain all the reasons he left, not just wanting to find his own Lois, or a Lois he could have.

He didn’t think Lois knowing his history in the other dimension was relevant in the grand scheme of things, especially in light of the curse.

I think she would feel differently.

Regrettably, in this case, learning that Clark had met and fallen in love with another Lois before he had met her, would only hurt Lois.

I'm not sure about that. That he can love her over the more refined Lois from canon tells something about him.

Even though, he knew that he loved this Lois more fully and completely than he ever did that Lois from another dimension, he doubted she would believe him.

At least he never had sex with canon Lois.

John Pack Lambert