Personally, Clark wanted to just sweep his whole past under the rug and just move forward with Lois.

Won't work, he has to meet his past head on.

He feared, though, as he revealed more and more about himself to Lois that he would discover the max strength of her tolerance when she finally decided that she couldn’t deal with him anymore.

I think this is why we can so sympathize with Wrong Clark, because we all fear we will reach that breaking point. In L&C they faced some breaking points, but with his obsession with a Lois who is this Lois, and yet not this Lois, Clark has a really tough path to go.

That was what had happened with Lana, wasn’t it? That she realized that she didn’t love him enough to deal with his excess baggage.

But Lois is not Lana. It will take a long time for him to believe this in his inner heart.

Clark knew that Lois wasn’t Lana.

Knowing and feeling are not the same though.

Thankfully, they were nothing alike. Lana had wanted him to give in to all her demands.

Maybe she would have loved him more if he had stood up to her.

Lois had told him, on more than one occasion, how he needed to grow a backbone and have his own opinions.

This might be just because Lois is more honest with herself.

Lana had hated his alien side. Lois had loved Superman first.

To be fair, the alien side and Superman are not the same thing. Superman was the alien side repackaged with all the plus.

Lana had loved that he was her bodyguard. Lois had risked her life to protect him.

That is a contrast that I can't nit-pick at.

Lana had always found excuses not to be affectionate. Recently, Lois had been finding excuses just to kiss him and reassure him that she loved him.

That makes me wonder why he ever got engaged to Lana, but I think I sadly understand how that happened.

John Pack Lambert