Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I know that Clark can be creepy and stalker-ish even on a good day, but contemplating cold-blooded murder is way out of character. I would expect that it wouldn't even occur to Clark to kill Lois to keep her away from Luthor.
So.... he meant figurative making love? wink As he wouldn't do it literally?

LOIS: Say, what?

Taking her to a deserted island, even against her will, is a much better solution and seems much more like the sort of impulsive thing he would do. Then he would have time to convince her that marrying Lex is a terrible idea (and not to press charges for kidnapping her).
That's always a possibility, but I think that MLT has already used that plot.

But his previous thought was that Lois wouldn't go through with the wedding no matter what. I had interpreted that to mean that Clark knew that she wouldn't ever be willing to go through with it. Only in retrospect did it seem like Clark meant that she would never marry him because he would go to any lengths to prevent it, no matter what she wanted.
Yes, that's more what he (I) meant. A option of last resort, which he doubted he would ever need to use.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.