Colleen: Hi, Colleen! wave Thanks for dropping by.

Wait, I can't be the first to comment since the 23rd! Must have been some replies lost in the transfer or something!
Unfortunately (or fortunately, in Darth Michael's case, since the upgrade ate many of his previous posts), nobody else has had time this week to comment on my little story. That's okay. I'm sure there are still people out there reading, besides you. wink With the board shut down, the auctions, Easter, etc., people have been busy.

At first, I was afraid Jack was going to see Clark flying with Lois or something!
He did. That's what the hot pink blur was; not Superman's cape, but Lois's dress. Only Jack didn't realize what he saw.

It's getting very frustrating how he keeps hanging back, though. I mean, yeah, I get that he's nervous, but why didn't he speak up once he realized the woman with Clark was Lois? I would think he'd be more comfortable with her than him anyway. sad
By the time he realized who "Minnie" was they turned the corner and it was too late.

Lois must be really desperate to avoid Lex during the daytime to still be working at LNN. Talk about hitting her head against a wall! Though the director, Robertson, is an interesting character. Clearly he has a little integrity in there. How did he ever get so far working at LNN?
I figure that LNN had to go on after Lex committed suicide in canon, so maybe there were *some* decent people there. But everyone wanted to shut poor Robertson into a box, just because he had the misfortune of doing well at LNN.

*pssst* You call him Robinson in the first paragraph and then switch to Robertson for the rest.
blush Ooops. Thanks. Fixed. I'm still working on my new OneNote file of all the characters I've created for this epic.

Interesting angle with Lexel and money laundering. I'd never thought of that one before, but it certainly would explain why Lex had the paper so well insured despite his plans to destroy it.
When you start watching an episode over and over and over again to catch the exact dialogue, you pick up things and mull them over again as you've never have before. Since they haven't learned about Lex's... er... the Boss's protection racket, yet, they need to figure out things in a different way.

Speaking of money laundering, I wonder if the new washer in Lois's apartment has a setting for cash. HA!!!
Oh, that's bad. lol

If Clark had to make love to her himself to stop her from willingly marrying Luthor to save the Daily Planet, it was a sacrifice he was prepared to make.

Some things were worse than death.
[Colleen falls over laughing]

LOIS: What a way to go!
blush My betas and I debated this line as I wasn't sure if it was too much. One of them loved the dark humor of it, the other thought Clark would rather Lois married to Lex over her death and would never even consider this option. If Lois didn't die when Clark expected her to, boy, wouldn't that be a surprise. evil

LOIS: grumble What do you mean, 'I didn't die'?

From the description, I agree, Martha had WAY WAY WAY too much fun with those clothes. UGH. It's probably a good thing he didn't run into Bobby, because I agree with Clark, the reaction would not have been pretty.
In canon, she always seems to get obsessed with stuff and because she doesn't have any real outlet except farming, I figured she'd enjoy this experiment in faking hobo clothing.

I'm guessing the two guys, Pete and John, are the ones that helped frame Jimmy for the bombing? Let's hope Superman gets to that grocery store and catches them, giving them a little incentive to squeal.
Yes, Pete and John Black are the two guys who framed Jack in canon.

Thanks for taking time to comment. jump

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.