Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Too much, huh? peep So, you think he should just kidnap her and take her to a deserted island, instead of let her marry Luthor if she decided to in order to resurrect the Daily Planet?

I figure this is more of a fleeting thought and that when push came to shove, he couldn't actually go through with.

I know that Clark can be creepy and stalker-ish even on a good day, but contemplating cold-blooded murder is way out of character. I would expect that it wouldn't even occur to Clark to kill Lois to keep her away from Luthor.

Taking her to a deserted island, even against her will, is a much better solution and seems much more like the sort of impulsive thing he would do. Then he would have time to convince her that marrying Lex is a terrible idea (and not to press charges for kidnapping her). But his previous thought was that Lois wouldn't go through with the wedding no matter what. I had interpreted that to mean that Clark knew that she wouldn't ever be willing to go through with it. Only in retrospect did it seem like Clark meant that she would never marry him because he would go to any lengths to prevent it, no matter what she wanted.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)