Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] Well, apparently one of the auctioned Lois Lane prop items was a faux-diamond wedding ring. So maybe Lois and Clark at least get engaged in MoS2, and they filmed some of the MoS2 scenes while filming MoS.

One thing is for sure, they would break new ground if they did a Lois and Clark wedding in the next movie. Sure, it was done in the comics, Lois and Clark, and I guess sortof in Smallville, but it has never been done in a live-action Superman movie. I would be shocked if they did that, but I was also shocked they let Lois learn SM=CK so quickly, excited but still shocked, so maybe they will break ground like that.

Although, as it stands at the end of MoS, Lois and Clark have shared one kiss in the midst of a really exciting experience, they have not even started to date.
It could always be an undercover assignment like in SM-II or HiM, or a gift from a friend like the one Clark gave Lana in SM-III.

EDIT: Since any sequel will be at least 2 years out, I recommend you stop searching the Internet for information. It will only drive you crazy. [/b]
Actually, it is pure speculation that this has anything to do with MoS2, it showed up on the internet before as speculation building up to MoS. Even there some people thought it was part of going undercover, but lots of people seemed to thing it meant Lois would be engaged to someone else. I guess Superman Returns had made that a real fear, and from what I vaguely know about Superman in the New 52, it has done nothing for those of us who know that the Clark Kent-Lois Lane pairing is the only acceptable one to be confident the people who develop these stories realize such.

I did come across one person who suggested that with Dr. Hamilton gone at the end of MoS, they could bring in Dr. Klein as the new scientist.

Although more what I come across is people who talk about the various backgrounds of Superman Man of Steel is building on/competing with, who mention Smallville and the Reeves movies, and do not mention Lois and Clark.

John Pack Lambert