Originally posted by John Lambert:
I just read an article from Forbes where the author seemed to be saying that a low quality production in Man of Steel made people less likely to watch a sequel, no matter how good the sequel will be.
I have no idea what they mean by "low quality production". huh The special effects were good, the acting was excellent, and the script was 100-fold better than Superman Returns.

I've heard an 2015 estimate for a Superman sequel, but if they rush into something without a quality script, it doesn't matter when it comes out. They need to address what people didn't like about this film (How Zod Died), because if they don't it *will* tank. And if they start off with a memory wipe kiss, they might as well say goodbye to Superman forever, because they'll have killed him.

I personally would like to see a plot, which has nothing to do with Clark's old life: the Kents, Smallville, or Krypton. I'd like to see something, which focuses on his new life: Lois, being Clark, and The Daily Planet. I'd like Clark trying to balance his life between being a reporter and being SM, and coming to terms with having actually killed someone with his bare hands. I'd like him to get a friend who didn't know he was SM, so Jimmy could work well in that position, and start to get to know Lois. They'll probably bring in Lex Luthor, but he's kind of the go-to villain in the Superman movies and, personally, I'm getting bored with him. I'd like to see something / someone new. Maybe if they made Luthor the head of some B39 type terrorist movement against Superman, because he brought Zod to Earth and destroyed Metropolis, but we'll see.

I was wary of MoS at first because of all the star power. If they bring back more Pa Kent flashbacks or Jor-El, I'd seriously consider waiting until DVD.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.