Sorry you feel this way, Andrea. I am not a big fan of music videos in general, and I only watch them if they are a song that I really love -- and then I usually just listen to the song and let the images play in the background underneath another program. blush So that's why I don't leave feedback for you or anyone else.

The same is true for fanfic. I haven't been montivated to read anything in a few months. I've read some vignettes, but I haven't followed a longer story since before the spring semester was over (April? May?) and I just haven't started reading one.

I generally don't comment on fanfic any more because my comments tend to be kind of abrasive rather than glowing "I love this -- more more more". I've learned that it's better to keep my mouth shut and not hurt people's feelings in a lot of cases. I like to "comment the way I want my story to be commented on" (because I love constructive criticism), but I've learned it never works that way.

Now that I have stopped giving feedback, I am a lot more tolerant of people not commenting on my stories. True, I used to think it was a popularity contest, and to some extent I still do (only when it comes to people chosing which stories they will begin reading in the first place if they have time to read just one or two). And that is just a matter of personal preference. If an author has a history of writing next-gen stories exclusively, I am more likely to ignore their story and read someone's stories who ususally tend towards waffy revelations or waffy getting together stories. I'll generally give the other story a chance once it hits the archive.

So, Andrea, please don't be discouraged. I left the fandom years ago for just such reasons. I thought people were completely ignoring me and I got really upset about it. Now I've realized, it's not worth raising your blood pressure over wink .

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve