The Superman movies were definitely what got me interested first... but more in an abstract way. I knew who Superman, Lois Lane, and Lex Luthor were, but that was about it.

I remember watching Lois & Clark in the 90's, but it wasn't until I was far from home, and honestly a little lonely, that the show really got me. The characters captivated me and lived on in my imagination, which is why I turned to fanfic.

Sue- a note on Smallville. The Lana drama in Smallville is ridiculous, and definitely a huge turn off. It took me a while to come around to the show, but there is definitely good Clark/Lois to stick around for! Erica Durance especially understands Lois inside and out, despite the weird character quirks they've given her over the seasons which "our" Lois would never do (she sleeps with her editor, likes Whitesnake and monster truck rallies huh ) Jump to Season 8 of Smallville, and give it a try. There are also little nods to the Superman movies and LnC. PM me and I'll even give you (or anyone!) specific eps to watch. smile

Or, you can always read my Smallville fic! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink