My muse has been mentioned on these boards a few times. These excerpts should give you some idea of my relationship with my muse:

This is from the FDK thread of “100 Meters” and is where I introduced the world to my muse:
First, thank you all for the FDK. Before I go on, I have to share a most unusual Sunday afternoon. It went a little like this:

***~~~***
<Bob> Huh?
<Nondescript Delivery Person> Bob?
<Bob> Yes.
<NDP> I have a story for you.
<Bob> Great! I've been waiting for that for 2 days. (Looks at package.) Wait. This isn't what I ordered.
<NDP> (Checks records.) It says here you placed an order for a "super short" and a different order for "an original idea for a TOGoM" story. Congratulations pal, you got both together.
<Bob> But I placed those orders months ago and they were never filled. I'm waiting on Chapter 6 for the sequel to Luck and Consequences.
<NDP> Sorry. This is what I have.
<Bob> But I don't want this now. Can I exchange it for Chapter 6?
<NDP> I'm in delivery, not production. Besides, we have a strict no exchanges policy.
<Bob> But what am I supposed to do with this.
<NDP> Well, you can just put it on the shelf but... (Comes closer and lowers voice) You won't get another delivery until you do something with this. (Pointing at story.) If you ask me, if you want that Chapter 6 thing to be delivered, you better do something about this first.
<Bob> (Looking over story.) Well, okay.
(NDP turns to leave.)
<Bob> Hold it! Where's the rest.
<NDP> (Turning back.) That's it.
<Bob> It can't be. My stories always end with Lois and Clark in each other's arm's or holding hands or something like that. I at least have to leave them friendly and talking.
<NDP> Not this time.
<Bob> (Looking over the story again.) Well... okay. But you at least have to tell me about the three words. What are they?
<NDP> Beat's me. Delivery, remember.
<Bob> Hold it. I need to know what those words are.
<NDP> Nah. Think of it as an artistic ending. You know, reader suspense and all that.
<Bob> Well, it is a nice little piece.
<NDP> So if you're done, I have places to go.
<Bob> Wait, is there a sequel?
<NDP> How should I know? Do I look like I'm carrying anything else today? If I can go now...
<Bob> Hold it. What about Chapter 6?
<NDP> I suggest you take care of that first. (Points at story again.) I'm sure Chapter 6 will be along in time. And by the way, your more recent deliveries are sure a lot more entertaining than those ideas that I used to bring you in college about quantum mechanics and gravity. That stuff was *so* dry.
***~~~***
And this appeared as the lead-in for the first chapter of “And the Truth will Set you…”

Hi, FOLCs.

It feels like it’s been a long year. Right after Thanksgiving, I went in search of my muse – with club in hand. (I’ve been in a foul mood lately.) I found him in a ditch on the side of the road. Apparently, he’s been as lost by RL disruptions as I have.

I towed his truck out of the ditch and got him to the hospital. Once he came to (and he sobered up) we had a long talk. I explained that I was very unhappy at the fall-off in his job performance. He simply shrugged. (Which turned out to be surprisingly satisfying when he winced due to the sprained shoulder.)

I picked up his delivery bag and started rifling through it. He tried to object, but an IV drip and two casts prevented him from interfering. Anyway, I found a dirty, wrinkled short at the bottom of the bag. “What’s this?” I asked.

“Nothin. That came some time ago but you won’t use it.”

That made me mad. “What do you mean? Isn’t that for me to say?”

He shrugged again. (Another wince.) “I know my job,” he replied.

I’d had enough. “I’m taking this.”

He simply looked the other direction. “Suit yourself.”

When I got home and looked at it, I understood why he didn’t deliver it. I went back to the hospital but he was long gone. I stared at the short for three weeks before I gave up and decided to go ahead. He had been right, I couldn’t go with it just as the short. I’ve been chasing my muse all over town for the past few weeks and have managed to liberate a few more parts and a few days ago I actually managed to get (with the help of some strong ale) the master story outline.
Is it any wonder that I go long periods of time with writer’s block? dizzy

Bob