Paul and Chris have already covered a lot of my thoughts on the topic, but I wanted to expand on my "other" vote on question #2. I generally don't read nfic. The closest option for me, then, would be "Wouldn't read it because it contains something that I'd find offensive" but I couldn't pick that, because it's not a question of being offended. I'm not offended (or not much laugh ) but it's just generally not something I'm into. I'll make exceptions in special cases, but I don't read the nfic section.

However, I used to read nfic more, and I still have some nfic versions of stories on my hard drive, and that's generally the version I'll re-read. I think that nfic versions of stories tend to be more intense than the gfic versions -- which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what's being intensified. laugh CK,TiYL was distinctly creepier in nfic.

And I think if something was explicitly labeled "nfic but no sexual content" then I'd get very nervous smile 'cause I have very little tolerance for violence either in stories or on TV. I used to watch CSI, but it gave me nightmares; I avoid it now, and I'm much happier smile I'd much rather read a PWP romp than Masques, for instance goofy

Um, anyway... I'm not so much offended as I am uninterested smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K