It's an idea, Sheila. The only thing against it, I would think, is that in my experience the R rating doesn't have a lot of resonance outside the US and few people outside the US understand what it stands for or recognise it as a beyond PG13 rating. So using it might just bring up as many new misunderstandings as using nfic. Just different ones.
*checks birth certificate* Nope, my name's not Sheila smile .

Using the US rating system is common in other fandoms, and I'm sure one could post or link to an explanation of the rating system. I'm not saying this is the ideal solution, but in my opinion it allows authors and readers to distinguish between different kinds of stories. A label at the top saying "Rated R for language and violence" will give you more information than saying simply that the story's nfic.

Again, just my opinion.

Occasionally they are asked that - though a tad more politely <G> - and then we have to explain 'nfic folder doesn't necessarily mean sexually content'.
Right. Just because you post there doesn't mean you're happy with your sex life goofy . Sorry, just teasing.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa