Well, that does seem a trifle conclusive laugh I do think there's a tendency for the "big" stories to come in late in the year... hmm, lemme fiddle... Okay, I think I'll check last year's ballot (http://lcfanfic.com/kerth2003.html) and see when the nominees were submitted -- I'm not doing all of them <g> but I'll do a few.

Well, if you want to win in Long Episode Adaptation, it looks like August is your best month -- last year, out of 5 nominees (including the winner), 4 of them were submitted in August. :p The remaining one was submitted in March.

For Best Overall, in contrast, 4 out of 6 nominees (including the winner) came in November or later. The other two were from March and July.

But then on the *other* other hand, the Drama category had 2 from March, 1 from July, 1 from August (the winner) and 1 squeaking in at the end of the year.

And just to round out the picture, 3 of the Best Relationship stories were submitted in November or later, including the winner. The other two were sent in January and August.

And it occurred to me that our stats are probably a little skewed because we're not considering Kerth eligibility -- stories that were submitted in January but were requested to be eligible the year before... they would artificially lower the amount of stories in Q4 *and* inflate the next year's Q1. Two of the stories in the above categories were submitted in January of 2003. But I don't know how much of a factor that would be, since there usually aren't a lot of stories jumping the fence.

Anybody's Baby is a story that bucks the trend, btw -- it was submitted in January of 2002, but more than a year later, was nommed in two categories and won one of them. dance

I'll probably keep fiddling with this for a while <g> It's much more fun than yelling at my kids!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K