I recently found a way to do that, Anne. So let's see if I can explain it coherently. smile

Okay, when you copy a text from the archive onto a WORD file, here's the type of thing you get:

Another surge of tears obscured her eyes as she realised the selfish
nature of her arguments, and how much Clark must have been upset
about them. Because after the look she'd just spotted in his eyes,
she couldn't have doubts any more.

Clark Kent was still in love with her.

Everything was so clear, now: his gentle but unsure reaction when she
was touching him, his avoidance of eye contact, his shutting off when
she tried to make him talk about his departure. No wonder he'd been
upset by her insistence on questioning him over it, when he'd still
been suffering for the same reasons as back then. He'd been living
here for the past six months, hiding away from the world, vainly
trying to hide away from himself, and he hadn't forgotten her. His
feelings for her hadn't dulled with time and distance, but had grown
stronger.
In WORD, go to "tools" / "options", and go to the part where you can change the kind of thing showing on your file (sorry, I'm translating from a French-speaking OS here). Tick the box to let you see the hard returns.

The hard returns should now appear as a strange-looking symbol. Sorry, I can't show it to you here because it doesn't work anywhere but on WORD.

All right, now go to "edition" / "search" and select the part of "search" that lets you replace things. In the "search" line, type ^p^p and in the "replace" line, type something that is unlikely to be found anywhere on the story, such as @@@. Click on "replace all".

Here's how the story looks like now:

Another surge of tears obscured her eyes as she realised the selfish
nature of her arguments, and how much Clark must have been upset
about them. Because after the look she'd just spotted in his eyes,
she couldn't have doubts any more.@@@Clark Kent was still in love with her.@@@Everything was so clear, now: his gentle but unsure reaction when she
was touching him, his avoidance of eye contact, his shutting off when
she tried to make him talk about his departure. No wonder he'd been
upset by her insistence on questioning him over it, when he'd still
been suffering for the same reasons as back then. He'd been living
here for the past six months, hiding away from the world, vainly
trying to hide away from himself, and he hadn't forgotten her. His
feelings for her hadn't dulled with time and distance, but had grown
stronger.@@@
As you can see, the annoying hard returns are still there. Now you're going to take care of them. Go back to search/replace. In the "search" line, type ^p and in the "replace" line, don't type anything. Click on "replace all".

Another surge of tears obscured her eyes as she realised the selfish nature of her arguments, and how much Clark must have been upset about them. Because after the look she'd just spotted in his eyes, she couldn't have doubts any more.@@@Clark Kent was still in love with her.@@@Everything was so clear, now: his gentle but unsure reaction when she was touching him, his avoidance of eye contact, his shutting off when she tried to make him talk about his departure. No wonder he'd been upset by her insistence on questioning him over it, when he'd still been suffering for the same reasons as back then. He'd been living here for the past six months, hiding away from the world, vainly trying to hide away from himself, and he hadn't forgotten her. His feelings for her hadn't dulled with time and distance, but had grown stronger.@@@
Now in search/replace again, type @@@ in search and ^p^p in replace. Then go back to "tools" / "options" to untick the showing of hard returns.

And here you go:

Another surge of tears obscured her eyes as she realised the selfish nature of her arguments, and how much Clark must have been upset about them. Because after the look she'd just spotted in his eyes, she couldn't have doubts any more.

Clark Kent was still in love with her.

Everything was so clear, now: his gentle but unsure reaction when she was touching him, his avoidance of eye contact, his shutting off when she tried to make him talk about his departure. No wonder he'd been upset by her insistence on questioning him over it, when he'd still been suffering for the same reasons as back then. He'd been living here for the past six months, hiding away from the world, vainly trying to hide away from himself, and he hadn't forgotten her. His feelings for her hadn't dulled with time and distance, but had grown stronger.
Hope this helps!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~