Originally posted by Wendymr:
those hard-pressed GEs, or more likely our overworked Editor-in-Chief, will have to go through the story to take out all the hard returns. frown
Does anyone know of a way to reformat an entire document to take out hard returns? I copy stories from the archive and paste them in Word but they end up looking like this:

The Alley Cat had been a neighbourhood institution for

decades, at least so the locals said. And it really
did
have a resident orange tabby cat, now nudging old age,
who
slumbered on a cushion at the back of the restaurant.
Lois
was pretty sure that keeping the cat on the premises
violated some health department rule but no one ever
seemed
to object. Certainly not her."
Then, I spend a lot of time (time taken away from reading) fixing it to look like this:

"The Alley Cat had been a neighbourhood institution for decades, at least so the locals said. And it really did have a resident orange tabby cat, now nudging old age, who slumbered on a cushion at the back of the restaurant. Lois was pretty sure that keeping the cat on the premises violated some health department rule but no one ever seemed to object. Certainly not her."
So, I was hoping someone knew of a way to fix the entire story with one press of a button... smile1

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993